2nd Ashes test

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Number 1 Jasper
Guy Whittingham

2nd Ashes test

Post by Number 1 Jasper »

Australia won the toss and are batting . 118-1
"I love the night. The day is okay and the sun can be fun. But I live to see those rays slip away"
Weybridge
Interim Manager
Been liked: 5 times

Re: 2nd Ashes test

Post by Weybridge »

Number 1 Jasper wrote:Australia won the toss and are batting . 118-1
A flat track and lightning outfield. England aren't bowling badly at all, its just anything that gets through the ring is gone.

A session of steady metronomic bowling required I think.
"Look, we've all got something to contribute to this discussion. And I think what you should contribute from now on is silence."
Number 1 Jasper
Guy Whittingham

152-1 .
"I love the night. The day is okay and the sun can be fun. But I live to see those rays slip away"
RubiconCSL
Site Admin
Has liked: 80 times
Been liked: 64 times

Post by RubiconCSL »

Do we detect a draw coming on then? Maybe even Cook can get a decent innings on this pitch; which will do him (and me) the world of good?
Like many, trust few and always paddle you own canoe.
Locky_McLockface
Guy Whittingham

Post by Locky_McLockface »

RubiconCSL wrote:Do we detect a draw coming on then? Maybe even Cook can get a decent innings on this pitch; which will do him (and me) the world of good?
A draw wouldn't be a bad thing, IMO.
I before E except when you run a feisty heist on a weird beige foreign neighbour
Number 1 Jasper
Guy Whittingham

232-1.....
Number 1 Jasper
Guy Whittingham

337-1,at the close .
Portchester PFC
Kev the Kitman

Post by Portchester PFC »

Wonder what they will declare on ? A hefty amount i would expect and hope to skittle England out on the cheap and force a follow on, Master Cook needs to put a good innings in when we finally do get in.
Heaven's Light Our Guide
pompeygunner
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 20 times

Post by pompeygunner »

Drawn test ( hopefully). But these pitches are whats ruining cricket & reducing test attendances. Certaily today, without taking anything away from the aussies was as boring a day as I've seen on the box. Ball hardly ever beating bat & nothing to do with the excellence of the aussie batting.
Now if we skittled it'll be more about the pressure of batting after an enormous innings by the opposition, nothing more nothing less. IMVHO these sort of pitches are just as bad as pitches were say 15 wickets fall in one day.
Number 1 Jasper
Guy Whittingham

I think that the Aussies will get a huge lead , it will come down to our batters being able to get into " Grind out a draw " mode and get out of " Attack mode " . I do agree however that a couple of chances not withstanding and a lucky wicket , that was BORING .
RubiconCSL
Site Admin
Has liked: 80 times
Been liked: 64 times

Post by RubiconCSL »

I see Vaughn is saying this pitch will speed up tomorrow. This may have been a huge toss to have won and had the choice to bat first. And no rain on the horizon either :(
Like many, trust few and always paddle you own canoe.
Portchester PFC
Kev the Kitman

Post by Portchester PFC »

RubiconCSL wrote:I see Vaughn is saying this pitch will speed up tomorrow. This may have been a huge toss to have won and had the choice to bat first. And no rain on the horizon either :(
So we need an early declaration from the Aussies and a big push today from England or try and bat it out which other than Cardiff in the last series when Monty and Jimmy A (I think) managed it we have not been terribly good at doing ! Be interesting to see how much of the day the Aussies use, i would suspect that if they have the same views as Vaughan it will be most of it and then expect a typical old school England collapse !
Heaven's Light Our Guide
Number 1 Jasper
Guy Whittingham

Portchester PFC wrote:
RubiconCSL wrote:I see Vaughn is saying this pitch will speed up tomorrow. This may have been a huge toss to have won and had the choice to bat first. And no rain on the horizon either :(
So we need an early declaration from the Aussies and a big push today from England or try and bat it out which other than Cardiff in the last series when Monty and Jimmy A (I think) managed it we have not been terribly good at doing ! Be interesting to see how much of the day the Aussies use, i would suspect that if they have the same views as Vaughan it will be most of it and then expect a typical old school England collapse !
Our mind set when we bat will be crucial IMHO .
Number 1 Jasper
Guy Whittingham

332-2 . Got them on the run now :!:
Number 1 Jasper
Guy Whittingham

373-3 . Run Aussies Run ........