When our prize asset......

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

pomp 'n circumstance
Kev the Kitman

When our prize asset......

Post by pomp 'n circumstance »

.....departed for the slag heaps of Wolverhampton, we all assumed as no doubt did Jed Wallace, that he was part of the future plans of the Wolves. As far as I can see, he has yet to play or even appeared on the bench which suggests one of two scenarios. Either he was injured in a freak accident, like eating an iffy Balti Pie of dubious origin and has been sitting on the white elephant ever since OR he has incurred the displeasure of the Woofs management by under achieving on the training ground. Can anyone cast any light on his mysterious disappearance - LiT is usually a font of knowledge on matters to do with the Black Country so I invite him to comment. Please don't tell us he has been loaned out to Hartlepool to gain more experience......?
Pompey1985
Billy The Boot Boy

Re: When our prize asset......

Post by Pompey1985 »

Been injured and there was no way he was just going to walk into their first team.
pomp 'n circumstance
Kev the Kitman

Post by pomp 'n circumstance »

Pompey1985 wrote:Been injured and there was no way he was just going to walk into their first team.
Are you suggesting that when the Woofs came knocking on our door at the end of last season, Jed was sold on the premise that he wouldn't be part of their pre season rebuilding? A sort of conversation with Mr Jackett that went along the lines of; 'Welcome to Wolverhampton, young Jed - you're one for the future and the future may be orange! We've invested in an undisclosed fee and in time you may warm the bench....or then again, maybe you won't! Rome wasn't built in a day and neither was Wolverhampton.......although many of the disgruntled residents think it was!'

Was your information gleaned from the Sheffield Gazette - I've warned you about reading these provincial comics.
Selsey Bill
Interim Manager
Has liked: 58 times
Been liked: 69 times

Post by Selsey Bill »

Jed picked up a knee injury in a pre-season trip to France with the team. As far as I am a aware it was nothing major, but it has set him back by several weeks. There is no way even the likes of Super Jed can waltz straight back into a Championship team. I cant wait to see him in their starting line up and I hope he rips it up and ends up in the Premiership with them. On the subject of the Championship, if want a little flutter, have one on Derby to not even reach the play offs.
Lost in Transportation
Guy Whittingham

Post by Lost in Transportation »

Scored yesterday for their u21s side. He is getting his fitness back after injury.
Watching wheels spin and dust settle.