What, no NFL preview!?

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

This Time Next Year
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 1 time

Re: What, no NFL preview!?

Post by This Time Next Year »

uspompeyfan wrote:
This Time Next Year wrote:Three weeks in, you sticking with those predictions USPF? ;-)
As mentioned, the Cards do lack depth so I still await injuries in a tough division. My Raiders have found offensive positiveness, but defense will cost them.

Raiders may be better than 4-12, but anything better is a good season for the Silver and Black, in the same vein that survival was a prime goal for Pompey in past years.
In which position do you think we lack depth?

We have three viable runners now, (that's two more than last season) the whole WR corps have been in on the action, with defensive plays coming from across the backs (even with the loss of Cromartie).

Yes losing Palmer or Fitz will hamper us, (obviously) but you could say that about any team. Stanton is as good as you can hope for a QB2, and there's definitely depth to cover at WR.

Or are you questioning the quality of our QB3?
This Time Next Year
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 1 time

Post by This Time Next Year »

...and fwiw, I reckon the raiders will be there or there abouts with an 8-8.
uspompeyfan
Guy Whittingham

Post by uspompeyfan »

This Time Next Year wrote:...and fwiw, I reckon the raiders will be there or there abouts with an 8-8.
I have dreamed of an 8-8 season for too long...so for once I'm going 4-12 and finally being happy with an NFL season - even our last Superbowl showing, almost any Raider fan knew we were going to get blown out (and many players have since admitted the same) as they were using Chucky's play-book, including the same signals, and he was coaching against them for Tampa Bay.
Philipians 4:13
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
uspompeyfan
Guy Whittingham

Post by uspompeyfan »

This Time Next Year wrote:
uspompeyfan wrote:
This Time Next Year wrote:Three weeks in, you sticking with those predictions USPF? ;-)
As mentioned, the Cards do lack depth so I still await injuries in a tough division. My Raiders have found offensive positiveness, but defense will cost them.

Raiders may be better than 4-12, but anything better is a good season for the Silver and Black, in the same vein that survival was a prime goal for Pompey in past years.
In which position do you think we lack depth?

We have three viable runners now, (that's two more than last season) the whole WR corps have been in on the action, with defensive plays coming from across the backs (even with the loss of Cromartie).

Yes losing Palmer or Fitz will hamper us, (obviously) but you could say that about any team. Stanton is as good as you can hope for a QB2, and there's definitely depth to cover at WR.

Or are you questioning the quality of our QB3?
Stanton is not a good back up, sorry to say it, and Carson has been banged up. There in lies the big worry for Arizona. They are yet to come up against a top rated defense, so while the WR have been in on the action, they have played against zone marking rather than getting dinged up.
Philipians 4:13
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Lost in Transportation
Guy Whittingham

Post by Lost in Transportation »

uspompeyfan wrote:
Lost in Transportation wrote:
The Cincinnati Kid wrote:I'll get something rolling for this week end
Unlike the Lions - @ Seattle this weekend so that's 0-4...
I can do a back from the game write up if you like. I have been invited to the game and expect a one sided affair.
That would be a useful perspective if you could.

I wonder what odds that Stafford doesn't make it through the game? He is getting pretty banged up as he isn't getting protection and with Seattle's strong defensive line, it could get brutal.
The Cincinnati Kid wrote:0-4 means you start playing the kids to see if they got it going on and hope you don't win any games so you get a good draft in 2016
Its not an unusual feeling...
Watching wheels spin and dust settle.