FIFA suspends Blatter

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Locky_McLockface
Guy Whittingham

FIFA suspends Blatter

Post by Locky_McLockface »

as well as Valcke and Platini.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34474231

The house of cards is starting to topple, Mr Blatter.
I before E except when you run a feisty heist on a weird beige foreign neighbour
Portchester PFC
Kev the Kitman

Re: FIFA suspends Blatter

Post by Portchester PFC »

I am sure his arrogance will lead him to try and reject this or say it is unlawful or some other crap !

Be nice to see justice soon.

Does this throw even more doubt on the future tournaments that have been awarded ? Surely opposition countries will try and get those decisions over turned on the basis that if FIFA was corrupt to the very top then those votes are not valid ?
Heaven's Light Our Guide
Locky_McLockface
Guy Whittingham

I don't see that they will remove the WCs from Russia and Qatar. They can't win - if they try, they'll presumably be on the end of some legal proceedings. The current allegations against Blatter & Platini have nothing to do with the host selection process, and the same with Valcke.
I before E except when you run a feisty heist on a weird beige foreign neighbour
Portchester PFC
Kev the Kitman

the_lock_man wrote:I don't see that they will remove the WCs from Russia and Qatar. They can't win - if they try, they'll presumably be on the end of some legal proceedings. The current allegations against Blatter & Platini have nothing to do with the host selection process, and the same with Valcke.
Agree Locky, but if found that the whole system was corrupt, surely that throws some doubt on the process of awarding those contracts ? Just a thought and I am sure it is one that the losing parties will investigate.
Heaven's Light Our Guide
Locky_McLockface
Guy Whittingham

Damn right they will.

This South Korean bloke that has also been suspended, and fined - this is to do with some sort of irregularity in the bidding process. I wonder if that might be the can of worms that needs to be opened in order to get the WCs removed from Russia and Qatar. I've not read much about that, so not sure.
Locky_McLockface
Guy Whittingham

Stepladder is now appealing against his suspension.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34483711
pompeygunner
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 20 times

Post by pompeygunner »

IMO Blatter was trying to stay in for as long as possible to continue the covering of tracks process. If the suspension stands then I guess that crumb of comfort for him will be gone.
Sadly I think this has all happened a year or two late too remove the WC's from Qatar & Russia, FIFA is in absolute chaos now & just imagine the turmoil a rerun & shift of venue would cause. Huge shame because its said that our bid for the 2018 WC was one of the best. The truth will out & I firmly believe Blatter & his cronies will get whats coming to them.
brian lewis
Mickey Quinn

Post by brian lewis »

FIFA should be disbanded. Of the 22 EXCO members who voted on the hosting of the 2018/22 cups only SEVEN are still there, one of whom is the Spaniard who refused to co-operate with Garcia and the other, now acting Pres. is Hayatou who was reprimanded by the IOC over bribes.( the stories about his presidency of CAF are amazing)
Football should get someone from outside to run the game, but they won't as there about 130 snouts in the trough,
The hardest challenge is to be yourself in a world where everyone else is trying to make you be somebody else
Portchester PFC
Kev the Kitman

the_lock_man wrote:Stepladder is now appealing against his suspension.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34483711
Sadly I am not surprised at the arrogance of the man.....
Heaven's Light Our Guide
past memories
Kev the Kitman
Been liked: 2 times

Post by past memories »

So a gentleman's agreement allows the man 9 years to come up with the loot. If I had been owed money for work done, I would expect it to be paid immediately, particularly for that amount.
I did say `work done`.

Gentleman, my A$$.
Number 1 Jasper
Guy Whittingham

Post by Number 1 Jasper »

"I love the night. The day is okay and the sun can be fun. But I live to see those rays slip away"
past memories
Kev the Kitman
Been liked: 2 times

Post by past memories »

Two of a kind.
pompeygunner
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 20 times

Post by pompeygunner »

Pleased its happening obviously, just a shame it couldn't have happened 5-6 yrs ago. Who knows we may have got the '22 WC. I was in favour of a breakaway from FIFA but it looks like the thing is going to start over from scratch anyway.
Locky_McLockface
Guy Whittingham

past memories wrote:
Two of a kind.
I don't disagree, but I think we need to take into account that Ecclestone was being interviewed on Russian television, and this may have influenced his choice of words. It may well be that Vlad had a little word in his ear (or, indeed, a little word in his wallet) to ask him to be nice about Stepladder in his interview.
Weybridge
Interim Manager
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Weybridge »

the_lock_man wrote:
past memories wrote:
Two of a kind.
I don't disagree, but I think we need to take into account that Ecclestone was being interviewed on Russian television, and this may have influenced his choice of words. It may well be that Vlad had a little word in his ear (or, indeed, a little word in his wallet) to ask him to be nice about Stepladder in his interview.
Indeed. I doubt he needed any prompting though. Doesn't take PR genius to know where the line of questioning was going if he attacked Blatter. And as you implied, you don't insult your host in his own house.
"Look, we've all got something to contribute to this discussion. And I think what you should contribute from now on is silence."