David Warner

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Number 1 Jasper
Guy Whittingham

David Warner

Post by Number 1 Jasper »

"I love the night. The day is okay and the sun can be fun. But I live to see those rays slip away"
Weybridge
Interim Manager
Been liked: 5 times

Re: David Warner

Post by Weybridge »

Yes, it was a hell of an achievement. Just a pity its was done by David Warner. There are many great Aussie gents in the game, Warner isn't one of them.
"Look, we've all got something to contribute to this discussion. And I think what you should contribute from now on is silence."
Number 1 Jasper
Guy Whittingham

Weybridge wrote:Yes, it was a hell of an achievement. Just a pity its was done by David Warner. There are many great Aussie gents in the game, Warner isn't one of them.
He is to Cricket , what Hamilton is to Motor Racing . IMHO .
"I love the night. The day is okay and the sun can be fun. But I live to see those rays slip away"
Weybridge
Interim Manager

Post by Weybridge »

Number 1 Jasper wrote:
Weybridge wrote:Yes, it was a hell of an achievement. Just a pity its was done by David Warner. There are many great Aussie gents in the game, Warner isn't one of them.
And Tyson is to boxing, and Terry to football!
"Look, we've all got something to contribute to this discussion. And I think what you should contribute from now on is silence."
pompeygunner
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 20 times

Post by pompeygunner »

Number 1 Jasper wrote:
:rofl
I think thats cobblers tbh. We get it, you dont like Hamilton but quite why appears a mystery. Its no good saying he's selfish, F1 by its very nature has to be a selfish sport for drivers. Or he's a cock, well look @ the competition. Most of them have form, even in deliberately running people off the track.
FWIW Warner is a hard bitten Aussie & is playing superbly, cock or not you have to hand it to him. Great achievement.
Number 1 Jasper
Guy Whittingham

pompeygunner wrote:
Number 1 Jasper wrote:
:rofl
I think thats cobblers tbh. We get it, you dont like Hamilton but quite why appears a mystery. Its no good saying he's selfish, F1 by its very nature has to be a selfish sport for drivers. Or he's a cock, well look @ the competition. Most of them have form, even in deliberately running people off the track.
FWIW Warner is a hard bitten Aussie & is playing superbly, cock or not you have to hand it to him. Great achievement.
I don't know Hamilton , he does himself no favours though . Partying hard caused the car crash ! FWIW Senna was my Hero & he was as selfish & at times dirty as they come .

Hamilton is , as I have said before , a TOP TOP driver , I just think he needs to calm down a bit , or get better advisors from a PR perspective . I do agree however , that ultimately , it should not matter one bit , it just grates me .
Weybridge
Interim Manager

Post by Weybridge »

Number 1 Jasper
Guy Whittingham

Weybridge wrote:Anything Warner can do...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/34825850
Saw that, eventually out for 290. Largest score by a non Aussie in Australia ever. Beating a record set by an English player in 1903. Heading for a draw. Imho, low scoring games often offer more excitement, still an amazing feat by both players though.
Number 1 Jasper
Guy Whittingham

Mitchell Johnson will retire from all international cricket at the end of today's test against New Zealand.
Weybridge
Interim Manager

Post by Weybridge »

Number 1 Jasper wrote:Mitchell Johnson will retire from all international cricket at the end of today's test against New Zealand.
Yeah, saw that. Bit of a knee-jerk reaction after a bad match it seems to me. This is the guy that was ICC World player of the year last year, the guy that was the terror of the World Cup earlier this year, and was still a thorn in England's side during the Ashes in the summer.

I guess he's always been bit of a one-trick pony. Admittedly, that one trick could utterly destroy teams. Brutally quick, and a vicious bouncer, but nothing else in his arsenal. And if his pace has gone - and Perth is the quickest track in the world, then perhaps its time to go.

A pity, because on his day, as terrifying a fast bowler as ever seen in the game.