The X-Files...

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

The Cincinnati Kid
Guy Whittingham
Been liked: 17 times

The X-Files...

Post by The Cincinnati Kid »

...returns to US TV tonight.
Mulder and Scully are back.

Huzzah
Div III. Call it what it is.
The Cincinnati Kid
Guy Whittingham

Re: The X-Files...

The truth is out there.....fer sure
Weybridge
Interim Manager
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Weybridge »

Yeah, I've been really looking forward to this.

Unfortunately, we don't get to see it for another month. And its on Channel 5, which means ad breaks every 3 minutes...

The show I can't wait to see is the return of Twin Peaks (I'm like a five year old waiting for Christmas on this one). 18 episodes, written and directed by David Lynch and Mark Frost, and scheduled for 2017. The best TV show ever made.
"Look, we've all got something to contribute to this discussion. And I think what you should contribute from now on is silence."
The Cincinnati Kid
Guy Whittingham

Well its a 6 show special and they have racked the 1st 2 on back to back nights. I'd forgotten how brilliant the show could be when it covered 1 incident in 1 show and how it plodded a bit when it ran deep into the big conspiracy.
I shan't give too much away if I say the smoking man now smokes through a tracheotomy hole.
Considering its been a while....Mulder and Skinner still look the part.....Scully is actually hotter.
RubiconCSL
Site Admin
Has liked: 85 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by RubiconCSL »

Weybridge wrote:Yeah, I've been really looking forward to this.

Unfortunately, we don't get to see it for another month. And its on Channel 5, which means ad breaks every 3 minutes...

The show I can't wait to see is the return of Twin Peaks (I'm like a five year old waiting for Christmas on this one). 18 episodes, written and directed by David Lynch and Mark Frost, and scheduled for 2017. The best TV show ever made.
Twin Peaks? You're talking about Agent Scully yes?
Like many, trust few and always paddle you own canoe.
pompeygunner
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 20 times

Post by pompeygunner »

The Cincinnati Kid wrote:Well its a 6 show special and they have racked the 1st 2 on back to back nights. I'd forgotten how brilliant the show could be when it covered 1 incident in 1 show and how it plodded a bit when it ran deep into the big conspiracy.
I shan't give too much away if I say the smoking man now smokes through a tracheotomy hole.
Considering its been a while....Mulder and Skinner still look the part.....Scully is actually hotter.
Old Smokey was last seen smoking through a tracheotomy before he was blown away in a cave by helicopters. I'm not sure how they'll manage to explain that bit. However very much looking forward to it & agree 100% with you. The "monster of the week" episodes were awesome. The big conspiracy ones got a little boring.
My favourite episodes both occured during series one, "Stretch" & "Tooms". Same monster/character in both. Brilliant stuff.
But all that Super Soldier stuff near the end was a bit rubbish.
Weybridge
Interim Manager

Post by Weybridge »

Watched this last night.

Actually pretty good with a promising story line.

Don't think any of the leads have aged particularly well though. Duchovny looks like he's been sat on the sofa for 15 years smoking weed (entirely plausible). Gillian Anderson who looked amazing in The Fall, has now Botoxed the living crap out of her face and looks like a wax dummy of herself. And Mitch Pileggi/Walter Skinner, yikes... The once lean, hard FBI director now looks like a cross between Santa Claus and a Pantomime Dame. Big white beard, covering up a hefty double chin, and some excessive theatrical make up covering up Lord knows what.

They've definitely stepped back into the roles with ease though. Looking forward to next week's already.
"Look, we've all got something to contribute to this discussion. And I think what you should contribute from now on is silence."
HappyHour@TheBreweryOfLife
Guy Whittingham

Post by HappyHour@TheBreweryOfLife »

Ep 3 is a classic, up there with the best of the quirky ones. Def one for the Scully fans on here too....
Mickemo
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 42 times
Been liked: 26 times

Post by Mickemo »

Does anyone know if the new series on Netflix ?
Weybridge
Interim Manager

Post by Weybridge »

Mickemo wrote:Does anyone know if the new series on Netflix ?
Not yet, Channel 5 have got the rights in the UK at the moment.
Number 1 Jasper
Guy Whittingham

Post by Number 1 Jasper »

Just watched episode 1. Well impressed :thumb

Mickemo, channel 5 have an on demand thing as well.
"I love the night. The day is okay and the sun can be fun. But I live to see those rays slip away"
pompeygunner
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by pompeygunner »

Episode 2 was brilliant. Mulder & Scully now back with the Feds. Next weeks is apparently a monster of the week episode-cant wait.
Weybridge
Interim Manager

Post by Weybridge »

pompeygunner wrote:Episode 2 was brilliant. Mulder & Scully now back with the Feds. Next weeks is apparently a monster of the week episode-cant wait.
Yes, watched it last night. I think as well you could see the production difference between Episode 1 and 2. Much more polished, almost as if Episode 1 was a pilot, and the rest of the series got the green-light after that.
pompeygunner
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by pompeygunner »

Very definitely the most light hearted episode of the X Files I've ever seen. Some very funny moments indeed. Scully looked amazing. Phwooaarrr. :D
RubiconCSL
Site Admin
Has liked: 85 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by RubiconCSL »

Definitely a comedy last night. I liked it, but after - what is it, 16 years wait? - I am really expecting a bit more from it. Hardly edge of the seat stuff. It was more like a parody of the real thing.
Like many, trust few and always paddle you own canoe.