Pompey v notts

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Dutch pompey
Collins Mbesuma

Pompey v notts

Post by Dutch pompey »

Hello, im a dutch pompey fan, and a going to visit pompey v notts county friday 25-3. Normal i take the train from fratton to gatwick. But becauce its bank holliday there are no trains. Does anyone knows how to come after the game to gatwick. My plane is going back at 8 o clock. Coach or southern trains? I can find anything on internet, bit already booked the flight..:-( Thanx!!
Jack_Tinn
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 56 times

Re: Pompey v notts

Post by Jack_Tinn »

I've just looked for you and its a bit odd that there are no trains on Good Friday but that seems to be the case!! I think from the look of network rail's journey planner http://ojp.nationalrail.co.uk/service/p ... ney/search that there may be engineering works and the impact on the timetable is not yet known. Perhaps best to contact the train companies direct (Southern and South West)

The Coaches you can find out here: http://www.nationalexpress.com/home.aspx but I don't think you'll find a coach to take you from Pompey to Gatwick after the game in time for you to get to the airport in time for a flight at 8pm that evening.

It's possible to drive from Fratton Park to Gatwick in time for a 8pm flight though (just if you avoid most of the football traffic. Have you therefore considered getting a hire car?

I hope this helps you
Dutch pompey
Collins Mbesuma

Post by Dutch pompey »

Jack_Tinn wrote:I've just looked for you and its a bit odd that there are no trains on Good Friday but that seems to be the case!! I think from the look of network rail's journey planner http://ojp.nationalrail.co.uk/service/p ... ney/search that there may be engineering works and the impact on the timetable is not yet known. Perhaps best to contact the train companies direct (Southern and South West)

The Coaches you can find out here: http://www.nationalexpress.com/home.aspx but I don't think you'll find a coach to take you from Pompey to Gatwick after the game in time for you to get to the airport in time for a flight at 8pm that evening.

It's possible to drive from Fratton Park to Gatwick in time for a 8pm flight though (just if you avoid most of the football traffic. Have you therefore considered getting a hire car?

I hope this helps you
Thanx Jack Tinn, yes i think a car hire is the only option as the coach is to slow.. But never drove in england, always train..:-). I check out south west rail. Problem is i booked already, always take the train 17.12 from fratton, nut no trains god friday indeed.. Thanx for searching!
Furness
Martin Kuhl

Post by Furness »

I would suggest the best to do would be to get a taxi.
Much cheaper than hiring a car. Let someone else do the driving and saves you the time returning the car.
My wife got a taxi in September last year for £65.
City Wide Taxis 023 92 833333.
All Computers Are Idiots
Dutch pompey
Collins Mbesuma

Post by Dutch pompey »

Furness wrote:I would suggest the best to do would be to get a taxi.
Much cheaper than hiring a car. Let someone else do the driving and saves you the time returning the car.
My wife got a taxi in September last year for £65.
City Wide Taxis 023 92 833333.
Thanx for your tip, i will call the taxi, its the only option i think. expensieve trip this time..