OT: laptop or Tablet?

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

uspompeyfan
Guy Whittingham

OT: laptop or Tablet?

Post by uspompeyfan »

I have to do large presentations that include videos, music and the whole presentation is around 65 slides. I need the slideshow to be permanently visible for around 6 hours total.

I like the idea of smaller laptops, but find tablets easier to transport. I also like playing games when on flights. However, tablets don't seem to have the battery power or the USB ports to plug and play (I need at least 2 as I have to have a pointer thingy as well as run the presentation off a jump drive.

Do Apps from just work on tablets?

What do my knowledgable friends feel would be the best option?
Philipians 4:13
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
The Cincinnati Kid
Guy Whittingham
Been liked: 17 times

Re: OT: laptop or Tablet?

Post by The Cincinnati Kid »

apps work on my windows 8.1 laptop...prefer th bigger screen so not a tablet guy as yet

consider the machine where you can pull off the screen from the keyboard....think is the Microsoft surface pro??
Div III. Call it what it is.
pompey24
Robbie Pethick

Post by pompey24 »

I have laptop by HP which can also be converted to a tablet. The keyboard turns to go under the screen thanks to a 360 hinge. It is touchscreen and has all the ports including USB and an HDMI if I want to connect it to a monitor. They keyboard is full size with a track pad. It is not Android though it does have Windows 10. It is light about 1.45 KG. It has SSD disk so it only has hard disk capacity of 512MB but 8GB of RAM. it has WIFI and Bluetooth and a good battery life. It has an I7 processor so it is quick.
Locky_McLockface
Guy Whittingham

Post by Locky_McLockface »

I've just bought a Lenovo convertible, for about £100 off Amazon, Windows 10, mini HDMI, micro USB, Bluetooth & wifi, 2GB RAM, 32Gb MMC internal storage (ie hard drive, but not actually a drive), with microSD card reader, 10" screen, detachable keyboard.

Only got it on Tuesday, so limited experience, but first impressions are excellent. Does everything I want it to.

I assume you can get it in the US, too, although Best Buy don't seem to list it. It's called the Miix 300.
I before E except when you run a feisty heist on a weird beige foreign neighbour
uspompeyfan
Guy Whittingham

Post by uspompeyfan »

Thanks for all the feedback.
Philipians 4:13
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Ziggy Sawdust
Kev the Kitman

Post by Ziggy Sawdust »

Locky_McLockface wrote:I've just bought a Lenovo convertible, for about £100 off Amazon, Windows 10, mini HDMI, micro USB, Bluetooth & wifi, 2GB RAM, 32Gb MMC internal storage (ie hard drive, but not actually a drive), with microSD card reader, 10" screen, detachable keyboard.

Only got it on Tuesday, so limited experience, but first impressions are excellent. Does everything I want it to.

I assume you can get it in the US, too, although Best Buy don't seem to list it. It's called the Miix 300.
That sounds exactly what I'm looking for. I particularly like the price!
Locky_McLockface
Guy Whittingham

Post by Locky_McLockface »

Ziggy Sawdust wrote:
Locky_McLockface wrote:I've just bought a Lenovo convertible, for about £100 off Amazon, Windows 10, mini HDMI, micro USB, Bluetooth & wifi, 2GB RAM, 32Gb MMC internal storage (ie hard drive, but not actually a drive), with microSD card reader, 10" screen, detachable keyboard.

That sounds exactly what I'm looking for. I particularly like the price!
I believe Argos have them as well.
I before E except when you run a feisty heist on a weird beige foreign neighbour