Referees

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Locky_McLockface
Guy Whittingham

Re: Referees

Post by Locky_McLockface »

Lost in Transportation wrote:
Locky_McLockface wrote:
Lost in Transportation wrote:
Locky_McLockface wrote:The two-footed challenge should have been a red. And for that one, I think the ref is focusing on it.
It wasn't two footed but over the ball. Nasty.
The second leg came around and caught Danny Hollands on his other leg.
I agree but that's not what I understand as 'two-footed' where both feet have to be used in the tackle/foul. This was a single leg challenge where the foot went over the ball and caught Hollands on the shin. The second leg catches him on the trail-through. Good tackles often see players caught on the trail-through by various body parts but if we call all those two-footed then a lot of tackling goes out of the game.

It was only on the second replay angle that I saw the over-the-top action which should have seen a straight red. I don't necessarily believe there was deliberate intent to go over the ball by the Plymouth player but it was a bad decision and over-reaching that likely caused that to happen. Those challenges from bad decisions need to be red-carded to protect those on the pitch.
Fair point.
I before E except when you run a feisty heist on a weird beige foreign neighbour
Portchester PFC
Kev the Kitman

Post by Portchester PFC »

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/footb ... -1-7381000

Picture in this link shows that the ref had eyes on at the point of impact for me. No excuse from him.
Heaven's Light Our Guide
The Cincinnati Kid
Guy Whittingham
Been liked: 17 times

Post by The Cincinnati Kid »

well it sounds like the ref says he didn't see the incident....I assume this is to our advantage as now the league is able to take action
Div III. Call it what it is.
Selsey Bill
Interim Manager
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 69 times

Post by Selsey Bill »

The Cincinnati Kid wrote:well it sounds like the ref says he didn't see the incident....I assume this is to our advantage as now the league is able to take action
The FA did exactly the opposite - Jamille Matt got away with it
Pompey1985
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Pompey1985 »

Can't understand how they have let it go. You can't put your head into someone like that. Ok. Doyle made a meal of it but you can't put you head into someone like that.

Does that mean you can raise your hand to someone and give them a gentle slap it's ok?
Selsey Bill
Interim Manager
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 69 times

Post by Selsey Bill »

Pompey1985 wrote:Can't understand how they have let it go. You can't put your head into someone like that. Ok. Doyle made a meal of it but you can't put you head into someone like that.

Does that mean you can raise your hand to someone and give them a gentle slap it's ok?
100% agree mate. I guarantee you if that gentle nudge had been to Doyle's forehead Matt would have been red carded, or would have been banned retrospectively
Fratton End Exile
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Fratton End Exile »

Unbelievable decision from the alleged custodians of our game. What level of headbutt is now acceptable. If any player gets banned in future they can cite this incident as precedent for an appeal.
Vince
Portchester PFC
Kev the Kitman

Post by Portchester PFC »

Nothing to surprise me to honest !

Watch one of ours get sent off down there for a tackle on Matt, he will then go on and score the winner......gonna happen, you know if will.
Heaven's Light Our Guide
Lost in Transportation
Guy Whittingham

Post by Lost in Transportation »

Too much fatalism around. The Pompey lads will use this as motivation and get themselves to Wembley.
Watching wheels spin and dust settle.