Pompey v Argyle video - Argyle fan.

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

charlierose1992
Collins Mbesuma

Pompey v Argyle video - Argyle fan.

Post by charlierose1992 »

Hi all, Argyle fan in peace here.

Just thought I'd share my video I made on Thursday evening. It's a behind the scenes look on the day, giving different views on the goals that you're use to on the highlights.

Anyway, good luck tomorrow, and enjoy.

[youtube][/youtube]
Pompey1985
Billy The Boot Boy

Re: Pompey v Argyle video - Argyle fan.

Post by Pompey1985 »

charlierose1992 wrote:Hi all, Argyle fan in peace here.

Just thought I'd share my video I made on Thursday evening. It's a behind the scenes look on the day, giving different views on the goals that you're use to on the highlights.

Anyway, good luck tomorrow, and enjoy.

[youtube][/youtube]

Nice video. Is this what the FA used to determine that no retrospective action was needed?
Selsey Bill
Interim Manager
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 69 times

Post by Selsey Bill »

Thank you for sharing. Really enjoyed it, apart from your two goals :lol:
Pompey1985
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Pompey1985 »

Keeper needed to be more aggressive on that first one. Taken men and ball. He'd have won a free kick if nothing else.
Selsey Bill
Interim Manager
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 69 times

Post by Selsey Bill »

Pompey1985 wrote:Keeper needed to be more aggressive on that first one. Taken men and ball. He'd have won a free kick if nothing else.
Was thinking exactly the same. This is the most interesting view I've seen of their first goal so far. It clearly shows that Allsop should have done far better. Also a great view of McNulty's goal, albeit from a distance.
Must be a very good camera he is using?
Pompey1985
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Pompey1985 »

Selsey Bill wrote:
Pompey1985 wrote:Keeper needed to be more aggressive on that first one. Taken men and ball. He'd have won a free kick if nothing else.
Was thinking exactly the same. This is the most interesting view I've seen of their first goal so far. It clearly shows that Allsop should have done far better. Also a great view of McNulty's goal, albeit from a distance.

It's convinced me McNulty was in the box when taken out. It's also cemented it was a red, as there would have been plenty of time to get away a shot before a covering defender got across. After all that's what the rules are.. Clear goalscoring oppertunity.
charlierose1992
Collins Mbesuma

Post by charlierose1992 »

Selsey Bill wrote:

Hi Selsey Bill.

The camera I use is a Nikon D3300 with an entry level zoom lens. The camera cost me less than £300. To me, I think it's a bargain for what it can do for that price.
Mickemo
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 42 times
Been liked: 26 times

Post by Mickemo »

Good video and captured the atmosphere very well if not the pivotable moment of the first half

Our GK was clearly at fault for their first goal and IMHO should have been better positioned for the 2nd too

Def a penalty but was not given - surprise surprise

How Adams said in the post match interview that Plymouth should have won the match is beyond me - they had 2 shots on target FFS
Pompey1985
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Pompey1985 »

Other than the big decisions the ref had a good game I thought.
Pompey Penguin
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Pompey Penguin »

Mickemo wrote:How Adams said in the post match interview that Plymouth should have won the match is beyond me - they had 2 shots on target FFS
Trying to see this from Plymouth's POV. They had slightly the better of the first half, when Pompey were a bit of a shambles; on top of the (soft) goals, a couple of efforts from Carney were close, against McNulty's goal and Bennett hitting the post. Close, but I would give the half to Plymouth because Pompey looked so edgy in defence. Second half, typical Pompey 2015-16. Loads of possession, and some good positions, but didn't really create enough clear-cut chances with the advantage they had. The Plymouth attack needn't have bothered coming out, but I am sure Adams was happy with the way his team limited Pompey's chances given the amoumt of time they spent in Plymouth's half. Another refereeing error, no penalty and Plymouth win.

On top of that, Adams can't leave his team thinking they were lucky to get away with it because they were played off the pitch second half. He doesn't want to go into today's game with his players thinking that if Pompey play football, they don't have a chance. He has to give them confidence that they can deal with Pompey as an attack, and they will get goals even if defending for periods. I thik his comment was as much a message to his own team (and supporters) as anything else.
Pompey1985
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Pompey1985 »

Pompey Penguin wrote:
Mickemo wrote:How Adams said in the post match interview that Plymouth should have won the match is beyond me - they had 2 shots on target FFS

Trying to see this from Plymouth's POV. They had slightly the better of the first half, when Pompey were a bit of a shambles; on top of the (soft) goals, a couple of efforts from Carney were close, against McNulty's goal and Bennett hitting the post. Close, but I would give the half to Plymouth because Pompey looked so edgy in defence. Second half, typical Pompey 2015-16. Loads of possession, and some good positions, but didn't really create enough clear-cut chances with the advantage they had. The Plymouth attack needn't have bothered coming out, but I am sure Adams was happy with the way his team limited Pompey's chances given the amoumt of time they spent in Plymouth's half. Another refereeing error, no penalty and Plymouth win.

On top of that, Adams can't leave his team thinking they were lucky to get away with it because they were played off the pitch second half. He doesn't want to go into today's game with his players thinking that if Pompey play football, they don't have a chance. He has to give them confidence that they can deal with Pompey as an attack, and they will get goals even if defending for periods. I thik his comment was as much a message to his own team (and supporters) as anything else.
We missed smith second half. We put some good balls in but no challenge on the keeper.