The Walking Wounded

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

BlueinPLtwenty
Guy Whittingham
Has liked: 213 times
Been liked: 111 times

The Walking Wounded

Post by BlueinPLtwenty »

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/footb ... -1-7385155

Just goes to confirm what we thought that Plymouth set out to take out as many as they could and what did the Officials do? They allowed them to get away with it. If Plymouth had won fair and square you could put your hands up and say "well done". It just leaves a very bad taste in the mouth. Yesterday I had people who are not even interested in football coming up to me and gloating about "their team". As my Brother texted me at the end of the match, we will still be playing them next season!
You can take the man out of Pompey
But you can`t take Pompey out of the man
RubiconCSL
Site Admin
Has liked: 84 times
Been liked: 65 times

Re: The Walking Wounded

Post by RubiconCSL »

It may leave a sour taste in the mouth, but it is apparent that that is how you have to play in L2, if you want to get out of it.

Not pretty, but pretty doesn't appear to work in L2. The pitches don't support pretty, the quality of officials don't support pretty and the opposition certainly don't support pretty.
Like many, trust few and always paddle you own canoe.
Lost in Transportation
Guy Whittingham

Post by Lost in Transportation »

RubiconCSL wrote:It may leave a sour taste in the mouth, but it is apparent that that is how you have to play in L2, if you want to get out of it.

Not pretty, but pretty doesn't appear to work in L2. The pitches don't support pretty, the quality of officials don't support pretty and the opposition certainly don't support pretty.
The word Cook used when discussing recruitment this summer was bringing in more 'bedevilment', it is being addressed.
Watching wheels spin and dust settle.
Earl Grey
Interim Manager

Post by Earl Grey »

I normally cringe when Pompey managers trot out a bunch of excuses but in Cook's case I think he's entirely justified in bemoaning bad luck, crude opposition tactics and referees not interested in protecting players.

I still think that on occasion Cook didn't help by continually trying to play a system when he didn't have the right players to implement it but I still want him to see us into next season.
Stop looking for solutions to symptoms and start identifying the disease.
rumourmonger
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by rumourmonger »

Lost in Transportation wrote:
RubiconCSL wrote:It may leave a sour taste in the mouth, but it is apparent that that is how you have to play in L2, if you want to get out of it.

The word Cook used when discussing recruitment this summer was bringing in more 'bedevilment', it is being addressed.
That was akin to the phrase Bally used to use about players. He liked players with "a bit of the devil in them".
Everyone says David Beckham is not very intelligent. No-one says that Professor Stephen Hawking is a rubbish footballer!