8 Years ago Today

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

BlueinPLtwenty
Guy Whittingham
Has liked: 218 times
Been liked: 111 times

8 Years ago Today

Post by BlueinPLtwenty »

Remember 17th May 2008, who was there?
It was a surreal day, because we had been to Wembley several weeks before and won, now we had to come back and win again. Being "Old School" when the Cup Final was virtually the only televised game you could watch it was difficult to get my head around it initially. Which puts all sorts of things into perspective I went to Wembley five times in two years. The most enjoyable was the semi final in 2010, because nobody thought we were going to win including 95% of Pompey fans. After the Final in 2008, the emotions were unbelieveable My Team had won the FA Cup. Just writing this brings a lump in my throat, it was awesome but took a while to sink in because I never thought on the day and between the semi final & the final there was any chance we were n`t going to win. However when we did actually win, the emotions came out. What I never thought I would experience, happened. F*** the trials and tribulations since, read the record books on the 17th May 2008 Portsmouth Football Club won the FA Cup. They can` t take it away!
You can take the man out of Pompey
But you can`t take Pompey out of the man
Portchester PFC
Kev the Kitman

Re: 8 Years ago Today

Post by Portchester PFC »

I was there for both semi finals and both finals, I still remember all the Spurs fans walking up Wembley way discussing who they were going to get in the final ! Only one I missed was the charity shield, so only the four visits for me :-)
Heaven's Light Our Guide
blue architect
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by blue architect »

All five visits for me. To be honest it is all a blur of surreal pleasure.
We came away from the Wembley final on the tube to Uxbridge sharing about 50/50 with Cardiff fans. They constantly sang. one shouted "Pompey, Pompey why dont you sing?" We all looked at him still stunned by what we had achieved. Slowly we looked at each other and smiled, then grinned, but we were all too captivated in the moment to sing.
THE TRICORN - BRUTAL ARCHITECTURE
RubiconCSL
Site Admin
Has liked: 85 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by RubiconCSL »

Happy Anniversary chaps :)

I only made the four trips, as I was sunning myself in Sri Lanka for the charity shield.

Spuds semi-final for me was definitely the best of the four. All the Spuds fans were full of themselves before the match. I SOOOoooo enjoyed the hour long journey up through Wembley Way to the station after the match; much p**s was taken :)
Like many, trust few and always paddle you own canoe.
Fratton End Exile
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Fratton End Exile »

Both semis & the final in 2008 for me. Never forget that day & the open top bus tour round the city before we returned to cornwall. Amazing & I would never swap it.
Vince
Pompey1985
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Pompey1985 »

All of them.
lakespfc
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 3 times

Post by lakespfc »

All 5 for me too, some great memories. Winning the final was brilliant but the Spurs game has to one of my best days as a Pompey fan..
PLAY UP POMPEY, POMPEY PLAY UP!