Webster off?

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

RubiconCSL
Site Admin
Has liked: 85 times
Been liked: 66 times

Re: Webster off?

Post by RubiconCSL »

...and not a manilla envelope in sight. How refreshing!
Selsey Bill wrote:Trust me board members, I'm confident we've done very well out of this deal. Another reason to trust in Cook, especially following his recent comments about Webster - i.e. "I cant believe a big club hasn't come after Adam yet, and he should be playing in the Premiership'. Engineered?
Like many, trust few and always paddle you own canoe.
Quantum of Stowmarket
Robbie Pethick
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Quantum of Stowmarket »

So we're going to be taking this Webster player from you if reports are true and you will receive one of our own as part of the deal.

I don't know anything about Webster other than reading a handful of glowing reports here and there and you will receive around half a million alone from us, but of course nothing has been finalized at time of writing. Our owner has been under considerable pressure to spend from our support this past season, but from what I could gather from our own TWTD pages, fans are really hoping for something from this.
Lost in Transportation
Guy Whittingham

Post by Lost in Transportation »

Quantum of Stowmarket wrote:So we're going to be taking this Webster player from you if reports are true and you will receive one of our own as part of the deal.
This week he will complete a move to Ipswich in a deal valued at more than £750,000.

You're paying a decent amount for him. The article suggests Matt Clarke is being valued around the £250k mark. All feels fair to me.
Watching wheels spin and dust settle.