Play Off Final

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Earl Grey
Interim Manager

Play Off Final

Post by Earl Grey »

Snigger...2-0 to the Wombles.

What's the word? Oh yes, schadenfreude!

Although it makes more sense to want the Pilgrims out of our league to make things easier next season, I just love that result.

Let's hope the vultures come in and rob them of their best players so they don't bother us next term.
Stop looking for solutions to symptoms and start identifying the disease.
eltorrro
Interim Manager
Has liked: 68 times
Been liked: 66 times

Re: Play Off Final

Post by eltorrro »

Oh, YES!!! Great result. And I tell you what - it must be 10 times worse to lose in the final playoff than to lose like us in the qualifiers. Soooo close but, unlucky Plymouth. See you next season when we will thrash the hide off yer!!! 8)
richisbradders
Alan Knight
Been liked: 2 times

Post by richisbradders »

I'm sure they will look forward to their walk of shame back to fratton park next season. As will I after the antics of some of their lot at full time in the West Country.
Portchester PFC
Kev the Kitman

Post by Portchester PFC »

It truly was a terrible game, especially the first half, latter part of the second half got much better and the Wombles deserved their win, i was fully expecting a kick-fest but both teams and especially Plymouth were quite restrained, even with a ref that was very lenient. Must admit, the sight of the Plymouth fans all sad faced at the end did have a certain amount of karma with it.

Looking forward to welcoming them back to FP next season for plenty-o-gloating, wouldn't even be surprised if we poach a player off them either, as much as he was disliked over both legs i would take Matt in our team, he is the sort of no nonsense player we need to get out of this league, we have just proved that unfortunately pretty footy does not always work in this league.
Heaven's Light Our Guide
BlueinPLtwenty
Guy Whittingham
Has liked: 192 times
Been liked: 108 times

Post by BlueinPLtwenty »

Delighted with the result, today at work in Plymouth University I shall remind a few so called Argyle fans about justice and bullying. When we were beaten at Wembley by the "Double Winners" we gave our all, Supporters & Team. Plymouth Argyle & their 34,000 following were shown up in all departments.
You can take the man out of Pompey
But you can`t take Pompey out of the man