Well, that's an interesting tweet

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Locky_McLockface
Guy Whittingham

Well, that's an interesting tweet

Post by Locky_McLockface »

This bloke is a Russsian MP.
I before E except when you run a feisty heist on a weird beige foreign neighbour
Weybridge
Interim Manager
Been liked: 5 times

Re: Well, that's an interesting tweet

Post by Weybridge »

A bell end of the highest order. Seems Russia are really going full throttle down the road of 'no-one likes us, we don't care'.

UEFA have threatened them (and us) with being turfed out but they're never going to do that, there's too much tv revenue to be lost. Similarly with hosting the World Cup, FIFA will never strip them of it. Too late, and too much legal hassle.
"Look, we've all got something to contribute to this discussion. And I think what you should contribute from now on is silence."
Weybridge
Interim Manager
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Weybridge »

Just seen as well, the critically injured bloke is a Pompey fan, Andrew Bache, known as 'Pepe'.
"Look, we've all got something to contribute to this discussion. And I think what you should contribute from now on is silence."
Locky_McLockface
Guy Whittingham

Post by Locky_McLockface »

I can only thank the various deities that it isn't us causing the trouble. UEFA would be more than happy to kick us out at the drop of a hat.

I also think the French need to be ashamed how they let the flares, along with gumshields and MMA gloves, into the Stade Velodrome, given that they are petrified of an IS bomb attack.

The one thing that I think is a bit laughable, though, is that there's all this fuss about why there weren't more stewards in between the Russians and the English. If the reports are true of a gang of 150 Russians that were only there to fight the English, do they really think that a line of some amateurs in hi-viz jackets were going to stop them for long?

Another report I've seen is about the ease with which the known Russian thugs can get to France. Obviously, our thugs are banned from travel and have to hand their passports over, preventing them from leaving the UK. Russians, on the other hand, are merely banned from travelling to the country in question. So they flew to Switzerland and hired cars to drive to Marseille.

I can see ticket sales for the WC in 2018 being, er, slow.....
I before E except when you run a feisty heist on a weird beige foreign neighbour
The Cincinnati Kid
Guy Whittingham
Been liked: 17 times

Post by The Cincinnati Kid »

I stand to be corrected here but we are in Lens for the next game and the smallish town is not equipped hotel wise so many people will stay just down the road in Lille. Guess who's playing in Lille.
Div III. Call it what it is.
Pompey Penguin
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Pompey Penguin »

The Cincinnati Kid wrote:I stand to be corrected here but we are in Lens for the next game and the smallish town is not equipped hotel wise so many people will stay just down the road in Lille. Guess who's playing in Lille.
Interesting read from Owen Gibson on that subject and related points about UEFA mismanagement.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... scheduling