No. Just No.

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Weybridge
Interim Manager
Been liked: 5 times

No. Just No.

Post by Weybridge »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/3 ... ience-poll

To anyone who voted for this, F... Off. Keep F...ing Off until you've gone around the entire globe and arrived back at where you started. Then F... Off again.
"Look, we've all got something to contribute to this discussion. And I think what you should contribute from now on is silence."
blue architect
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 22 times

Re: No. Just No.

Post by blue architect »

I thought the original series were very good. I laughed out aloud and it takes a lot to make be even chuckle. Yes I'm usually a miserable git. Even went to a live show at O2 and again was in fits. The latest ones are getting a bit samey as the formula gets repeated and hence diluted. Whether it is No1 how the hell would I know, most of the the others listed I either have not seen or am not even aware of.
Horses and courses my friend
THE TRICORN - BRUTAL ARCHITECTURE
pompeygunner
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 20 times

Post by pompeygunner »

Not keen tbh. The big joke is its a bloke in drag who says "feck" a lot as far as I can see.
The Cincinnati Kid
Guy Whittingham
Been liked: 17 times

Post by The Cincinnati Kid »

Maybe its a generational thing but looking at that top 20 list link from post yr 2000 and I've got....hmmmmmmm with a dash of ho hum, meh and erm.
When I put the best of pre 2000 up there......and this is without a whole lot of thought......Blackadder /Fawlty / Reggie Perrin / Monty Python / NTNON / Fools and Horses / Some Mothers do Ave 'em /Allo Allo / Red Dwarf / The Young Ones.... and throw in a few for the masses....It aint alf Hot Mum/ Are you being Served / Dads Army ........Clearly the newer stuff, like rock / pop music....cant even hold the same stage as the older stuff.
Kids....yer music sucks, yer comedy is second rate.....yer football is probably better at least.
Div III. Call it what it is.
Selsey Bill
Interim Manager
Has liked: 58 times
Been liked: 69 times

Post by Selsey Bill »

It's all about opinions init, but when I first saw it on TV I literally laughed out load. My wife and I have been together for over 25 years - she comes from Ireland, and over the years I've met real live Irish people back home where she comes from who are just like the ones you seen on the show. That's what made it so real for me.
Earl Grey
Interim Manager

Post by Earl Grey »

pompeygunner wrote:Not keen tbh. The big joke is its a bloke in drag who says "feck" a lot as far as I can see.
That's my take, too....... it really, really isn't that funny (although it has to be said after an episode or two of being bored senseless I don't watch it any more....so maybe it got better).
Stop looking for solutions to symptoms and start identifying the disease.
RubiconCSL
Site Admin
Has liked: 80 times
Been liked: 64 times

Post by RubiconCSL »

Yes, well, hmm. I've tried watching it a few times, but I really cannot see what is funny about it. Father Jack was better at saying Feck in my opinion - and he even threw in a few arses for good measure. But as has been said: horses for courses and all that.

A lot of those I haven't even heard of. I think Phoenix Nights should be much higher though.

I loved Car Share, but it is only that high because it was so recent. A couple of years ago InBetweeners would have run away with it and Little Britain isn't even in the top 20, where a few years ago it would have been right near the top.

I also love the IT Crowd, but maybe just because I work in IT and can see the joke; perhaps that's why SB can see the joke in Mrs Brown. Perhaps I just don't know enough Irish people that well to see the joke? But then again, that didn't stop Father Ted being a classic.

Humour has certainly changed though. Miranda kind of breaks that change the most, being very Are You Being Served type humour.

And what about Cradle to Grave - another recent classic by Peter Kaye. But again, probably just because I grew up in the 70s and can again get the humour.
Like many, trust few and always paddle you own canoe.
Portchester PFC
Kev the Kitman

Post by Portchester PFC »

I watched a couple of these as everyone was telling me how funny they were, well, what an absolute load of crap ! Really do not like it at all.
Heaven's Light Our Guide
RubiconCSL
Site Admin

Post by RubiconCSL »

And what about the Fast Show - or was that really over 20 years ago?
Pompey Dave
Alan Knight

Post by Pompey Dave »

RubiconCSL wrote:And what about the Fast Show - or was that really over 20 years ago?
Sketch show, not a sit com anyway.
Ahh Frazzles, the king of snack foods...
RubiconCSL
Site Admin

Post by RubiconCSL »

Ah yes, fair point. Little Britain would be the same then.
Pompey Dave wrote:
RubiconCSL wrote:And what about the Fast Show - or was that really over 20 years ago?
Pompey Dave
Alan Knight

Post by Pompey Dave »

RubiconCSL wrote:Ah yes, fair point. Little Britain would be the same then.
Pompey Dave wrote:
Yep, just as bad as Mrs Brown's boys.
Ahh Frazzles, the king of snack foods...
Portchester PFC
Kev the Kitman

Post by Portchester PFC »

Worlds apart, Fast Show is superb, **** !! :rofl

Also looking forward to the new Red Dwarf series coming out, they lost their way a bot after Rob Grant left but it did pick up a series or two after that. You still cant beat "smoke me a kipper, i will be back for breakfast" :D
Heaven's Light Our Guide
Locky_McLockface
Guy Whittingham

Post by Locky_McLockface »

I'm quite pleased that I have heard of over 75% of those.

I'd have had Outnumbered and Miranda further up the chart than they are, whilst Green Wing and Black Books should be much lower - I thought they were dire.

One that I've heard of but haven't seen is Yonderland, mainly because I'm too tight to pay for Sky, but I'd love to watch it - I'd like to see how the Horrible Histories people do in an adult setting. In HH, they were fantastic.
I before E except when you run a feisty heist on a weird beige foreign neighbour
phat_chris
Milan Mandaric
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 38 times

Post by phat_chris »

Yonderland is brilliant as you would expect from the minds that brought us Horrible Histories. The biggest joke about Miranda though is how something this dire can win comedy awards although having said that it isn't uncommon for unfunny comedies to win awards.