We won 4-2

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Selsey Bill
Interim Manager
Has liked: 58 times
Been liked: 69 times

We won 4-2

Post by Selsey Bill »

Is this board dying a slow death? It's just past 8.30pm on a Saturday when Pompey have played at home and won, convincingly, and not one post??? :oops:
No Shot Sherlock
Sir Conan Doyle
Sir Conan Doyle
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 11 times

Re: We won 4-2

Post by No Shot Sherlock »

:tw
RubiconCSL
Site Admin
Has liked: 80 times
Been liked: 64 times

Post by RubiconCSL »

I'm definitely a happy bunny. Finally we look to know how to score goals, 4 wins on the trot and 2nd in the league.

PUP :)

As for this board - yes, definitely looking like the last rites are in order!
Like many, trust few and always paddle you own canoe.
Jack_Tinn
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 55 times
Been liked: 52 times

Post by Jack_Tinn »

Selsey Bill
Interim Manager

Post by Selsey Bill »

RubiconCSL wrote:I'm definitely a happy bunny. Finally we look to know how to score goals, 4 wins on the trot and 2nd in the league.
I'm one too! We look different gravy to last year - today's is a game we would probably have drawn or lost last season. I'm effiing delighted because I LOVE Pompey, and also because the moaning dinlos seem to have crawled back under their rocks. #PUP
Selsey Bill
Interim Manager

Post by Selsey Bill »

Jack_Tinn wrote:http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sp ... -2-wycombe

Pompey vs Wycombe goals are up.
Conor's goal is pure gold -he will be gone soon, but hopefully we'll get good money for the lad. He changed the game when he came on today - defenders hate playing against him - my MOTM
... and chips
Kev the Kitman

Post by ... and chips »

Jack_Tinn wrote:http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sp ... -2-wycombe

Pompey vs Wycombe goals are up.
Have they altered the crowd noise on that. Very few Wycombe fans are making a lot of noise.
No Shot Sherlock
Sir Conan Doyle
Sir Conan Doyle

Selsey Bill wrote:
RubiconCSL wrote:I'm effiing delighted because I LOVE Pompey, and also because the moaning dinlos seem to have crawled back under their rocks. #PUP
Ah, but the "moaning dinlos" may just have been the ones that prompted PC to change things.
Selsey Bill
Interim Manager

Post by Selsey Bill »

No Shot Sherlock wrote:
Selsey Bill wrote:
RubiconCSL wrote:I'm effiing delighted because I LOVE Pompey, and also because the moaning dinlos seem to have crawled back under their rocks. #PUP
Ah, but the "moaning dinlos" may just have been the ones that prompted PC to change things.
Ah, but what has PC actually changed Sherl????????????????

PS If you actually are thinking that, you are quite possibly deluded, along with the rest of them!
Last edited by Selsey Bill on Sat Sep 10, 2016 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Selsey Bill
Interim Manager

Post by Selsey Bill »

The answer is NADA! #CookIn
pompeygunner
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 20 times

Post by pompeygunner »

Things have changed though SB. We are now playing a more pressing game, not so much today as last week but its there. And we are more direct, not long ball but playing @ a much higher tempo. We're also getting far more players in the box. All this means that the ticcy taccy massive possession is now not happening & as such teams will see more of the ball. But it also means we are looking like a free scoring team.
So yes the system has definitely been tweaked as Cookie admitted it would be after Colchester. Certainly the last 2 home games have been richly entertaining as compared to the previous 2 IMVHO.
Selsey Bill
Interim Manager

Post by Selsey Bill »

pompeygunner wrote:Things have changed though SB. We are now playing a more pressing game, not so much today as last week but its there. And we are more direct, not long ball but playing @ a much higher tempo. We're also getting far more players in the box. All this means that the ticcy taccy massive possession is now not happening & as such teams will see more of the ball. But it also means we are looking like a free scoring team.
So yes the system has definitely been tweaked as Cookie admitted it would be after Colchester. Certainly the last 2 home games have been richly entertaining as compared to the previous 2 IMVHO.
In fairness, I missed the first two home games due to family commitments(aka holidays!) but it sounds like I've watched the better two! And maybe we have changed our style, but my argument is that the moaning dinlos would not have changed the way PC has set up the team- that would be absolute bowlocks. I'm sick to the death of the negativity that has surrounded PC recently, and even more incensed that the moaning detractors are actually believing that their moans have created this winning style - FFS really?!
No Shot Sherlock
Sir Conan Doyle
Sir Conan Doyle

Okay, not sure if it's simply a case of you having been on the vino tonight, Bill, but i'm going to bite.

As PG says, things do seem to have changed. In fact, in your own comments on last saturday's win, you said it was the best you'd seen the team play in a long time, and more than one observer pinpointed the pressing tactic employed. And PC was himself quoted after the first couple of games as saying he needed to change things.

As for the "dinlo" comment you made (and repeated), you seem to be suggesting that those who've been critical are not only less intelligent than you, but that they LOVE Pompey less than you too. We all know that the game is about opinions, and the only certainty about those is that none of of will always be right, but I can picture a conversation where the chairman takes PC aside and says something to the effect of, 'look Paul, the natives are getting restless, and so is the board....'

By all means have faith in Paul Cook, but not blind faith mate.
Selsey Bill
Interim Manager

Post by Selsey Bill »

No Shot Sherlock wrote:Okay, not sure if it's simply a case of you having been on the vino tonight, Bill, but i'm going to bite.

As PG says, things do seem to have changed. In fact, in your own comments on last saturday's win, you said it was the best you'd seen the team play in a long time, and more than one observer pinpointed the pressing tactic employed. And PC was himself quoted after the first couple of games as saying he needed to change things.

As for the "dinlo" comment you made (and repeated), you seem to be suggesting that those who've been critical are not only less intelligent than you, but that they LOVE Pompey less than you too. We all know that the game is about opinions, and the only certainty about those is that none of of will always be right, but I can picture a conversation where the chairman takes PC aside and says something to the effect of, 'look Paul, the natives are getting restless, and so is the board....'

By all means have faith in Paul Cook, but not blind faith mate.
Oooh errr! We, as often, will have to beg to differ, but I do still love you mate

...and yes, I've had a couple of glasses of a lovely Rioja
No Shot Sherlock
Sir Conan Doyle
Sir Conan Doyle

Selsey Bill wrote: ...and yes, I've had a couple of glasses of a lovely Rioja
As I suspected :wink: