Accrington1 Pompey 0

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

BlueinPLtwenty
Guy Whittingham
Has liked: 221 times
Been liked: 111 times

Accrington1 Pompey 0

Post by BlueinPLtwenty »

Not a good performance but lets move on, we can`t win 5-0 every week.
You can take the man out of Pompey
But you can`t take Pompey out of the man
RubiconCSL
Site Admin
Has liked: 87 times
Been liked: 66 times

Re: Accrington1 Pompey 0

Post by RubiconCSL »

Bummer, but still up there in the chase.
Like many, trust few and always paddle you own canoe.
pompeymick
Martin Kuhl

Post by pompeymick »

Listening on the radio ,when we were in possession the commentators were talking slow and steady, but when Accrington got the ball it speeded up dramatically, we sounded ponderous and pedestrian. Playing Bennett in a central midfield role just doesn't seem to work in this physical division, its a boy against men, and to have two smaller players the pitch on when Chaplin came on was just suicidal, they just dominated us. It seemed that the only time Smith was any where near the ball in the box was in set pieces, most of the time he was receiving the ball out on the wing. It sounded all very flat and punchless.
Franco Blue
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 9 times

Post by Franco Blue »

Bad day at the office.
I listened to the game on Pompey Player.... there was more chit chat than actual commentary. Shows the game was a bit off.
Earl Grey
Interim Manager

Post by Earl Grey »

Not blaming it on one player but with Smith up front we seem to be drawn into playing in a particular way...and that way is not going to create much goal mouth action.

Having said that it's a blip and no one should be slitting their wrists over it. Roll on next match.
Stop looking for solutions to symptoms and start identifying the disease.
Selsey Bill
Interim Manager
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 69 times

Post by Selsey Bill »

If it is any consolation, I was at Lords today with my Surrey supporting son, and they had very off day too :cry: :cry: :cry:
POLPERO99
Martin Kuhl

Post by POLPERO99 »

Marvellous ! What a game I picked to do one of probably only five away games this season .

Had Roberts done something slightly better with the ball in the early stages it might have been a different game. After that it went down hill and we were not very good. I kept expecting us to burst into life or change something but it just never happened . In the end it was comfortable for Stanley who strolled through the last 10 minutes. I felt we needed to score first which might have created an atmosphere in the game and would have done us good. It turned out to be a dull , sombre kick-about at Farlington ( Pitch 6 ) and we just couldnt get motivated.

As we say - Onwards & Upwards

Plymouth look as if they mean business this year . The nightmare of losing at Wembley is something they obviously dont wish to repeat .
Leo says You Make Me Feel Like Dancing " Well , Only when Ime Pissed at Weddings "
BlueinPLtwenty
Guy Whittingham

Post by BlueinPLtwenty »

[quote="POLPERO99"]Marvellous ! What a game I picked to do one of probably only five away games this season .

Had Roberts done something slightly better with the ball in the early stages it might have been a different game. After that it went down hill and we were not very good. I kept expecting us to burst into life or change something but it just never happened . In the end it was comfortable for Stanley who strolled through the last 10 minutes. I felt we needed to score first which might have created an atmosphere in the game and would have done us good. It turned out to be a dull , sombre kick-about at Farlington ( Pitch 6 ) and we just couldnt get motivated.

As we say - Onwards & Upwards

Plymouth look as if they mean business this year . The nightmare of losing at Wembley is something they obviously dont wish to repeat .[/quote]

The irony with Plymouth is they lost their first two games and their fickle fans were calling for the Managers head early doors.
l
pomp 'n circumstance
Kev the Kitman

Post by pomp 'n circumstance »

Franco Blue wrote:Bad day at the office.
I listened to the game on Pompey Player.... there was more chit chat than actual commentary. Shows the game was a bit off.
Hate to say it, but it's no good creating Fortress Fratton if when you go away from home you have a defence that leaks like my old Mum's colander and a naivity in selection that smacks of not quite knowing what you need to do!
past memories
Kev the Kitman
Been liked: 2 times

Post by past memories »

Not even having one shot on target is depressing.
yahoodlums
Alan Knight

Post by yahoodlums »

Why didn't Chaplin start?
"You can break many things, but you can't break our spirit!"
BlueinPLtwenty
Guy Whittingham

Post by BlueinPLtwenty »

We had a bad day at the Office, however did we lose 5-0, did Accrington comprehensively beat us? I was not there but looking at the "stats" suggests neither of those factors were true.
Earl Grey
Interim Manager

Post by Earl Grey »

Bad weekend for sport altogether...

Pompey lose
Hamilton knocked off the top in F1
GB get knocked out of the semi-final of the Davis Cup (Tennis)
And, of course, the worst of the lot.....the Ripples won :shock:
Stop looking for solutions to symptoms and start identifying the disease.
portchesterblue
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by portchesterblue »

pomp 'n circumstance wrote:
Hate to say it, but it's no good creating Fortress Fratton if when you go away from home you have a defence that leaks like my old Mum's colander and a naivity in selection that smacks of not quite knowing what you need to do!
that actually did make me laugh out loud.
your old mums colander must have taken ages to drain, we conceded one goal FFS, and as for selection naivety, one enforced change from a team that had won 4 on the bounce, yeah that is about as naive as you get
Selsey Bill
Interim Manager
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 69 times

Post by Selsey Bill »

portchesterblue wrote:
pomp 'n circumstance wrote:
we conceded one goal FFS
... and that goal was a bit of a worldy!