The Fall

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

pomp 'n circumstance
Kev the Kitman

The Fall

Post by pomp 'n circumstance »

OMG.....if you want drama, this second series is one of the greatest pieces of horrifying television you are likely to see. Jamie Dornan as the spine chilling murderer and Gillian Anderson as DS Stella Gibson hold sway again, together with a wonderfully creepy sound track and superb close up camera work. The scenes in Belfast General Hospital operating theatre with a laconic script that centres on medical jargon as they attempt to save Paul Spector (Jamie Dorman) are horrifying enough to hold you spellbound even though he spends the whole episode laying half dead in an operating theatre. This is more than seriously good - it is a masterpiece of television drama, starring two titans of the genre. I commend it......
pompeygunner
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 20 times

Re: The Fall

Post by pompeygunner »

3rd series in fact I'm pretty sure Pomp. But as you said its superb drama & acting all the way. Unmissable.
Selsey Bill
Interim Manager
Has liked: 58 times
Been liked: 69 times

Post by Selsey Bill »

My wife raves about it. Do you have to have seen S1 and 2 or could I jump straight in with last night's episode?
pompeygunner
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by pompeygunner »

Selsey Bill wrote:My wife raves about it. Do you have to have seen S1 and 2 or could I jump straight in with last night's episode?
Definitely because @ the start of last nights they did a decent catch up of the last 2 series.
Pompey Dave
Alan Knight

Post by Pompey Dave »

pompeygunner wrote:
Selsey Bill wrote:My wife raves about it. Do you have to have seen S1 and 2 or could I jump straight in with last night's episode?
Definitely because @ the start of last nights they did a decent catch up of the last 2 series.
Don't do it, catch up with the first two series first. Both are brilliant.
Ahh Frazzles, the king of snack foods...
pompeygunner
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by pompeygunner »

Lots of twists in the latest episode, gripping stuff.
pomp 'n circumstance
Kev the Kitman

Post by pomp 'n circumstance »

Last night I watched a masterpiece of scripting and direction that makes The Fall such an incredible series. Alan Cubitt not only writes it, he directs it and produces it and allows the actors full rein to create the most watchable horror we have seen for some time. Gillian Anderson is immense and so too are the rest of the cast, with everything shot mainly in close up and a music track which creates a claustrophobic feeling of the impending crisis ahead.....
RubiconCSL
Site Admin
Has liked: 80 times
Been liked: 64 times

Post by RubiconCSL »

Just watched Episode 1, Series 1 on Amazon Prime. Very gripping stuff. Not sure I'm going to get far though, as I'm not liking the detail of the murder scenes - I don't think I need to see that bit to get the story line. Not too sure Mrs Rubi liked that bit either. Other than that, I could get into this big time, like Happy Valley. I'll try episode 2, series one and see if the actual violence diminishes somewhat!
Like many, trust few and always paddle you own canoe.
Portchester PFC
Kev the Kitman

Post by Portchester PFC »

I would strongly recommend watching S1 and S2 first as you are missing some excellent TV if you don't. Haven't started watching S3 yet as i have them all on planner to binge on !!
Heaven's Light Our Guide