Linganzi

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Earl Grey
Interim Manager

Linganzi

Post by Earl Grey »

There's an article on Linganzi about his struggles to get things working for him and how he's getting guidance from Linvoy.
http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/footb ... -1-7622707?
And the first comment under the article (may not be the top one now) was the following:

LGA3
7:46 AM on 11/10/2016 When we watch these players and shout our criticisms from the stands, we don't know the half of it. We need to be more gracious sometimes in our understandable desire for success. This takes me back to my childhood watching the Revd Phil Gunter. Well played Pompey. (And Linvoy)

And I think we should all be a little more restrained when commenting on players.

There is a strong inclination to say that such and such a player is absolute garbage when all we mean is that so and so is a better fit in the team and should be playing instead.

Anyway, whoever LGA3 is, his comment was a good one.
Stop looking for solutions to symptoms and start identifying the disease.
richisbradders
Alan Knight
Been liked: 2 times

Re: Linganzi

Post by richisbradders »

His best game I saw was against Doncaster when he came on. Didn't see the Leyton orient game though. Previous to that he had flattered to deceive. I saw him play against Sutton pre season and was pretty shocked he got a contract to be honest. Happy to be proved wrong though.
Berkshire Blue
Billy The Boot Boy
Been liked: 9 times

Post by Berkshire Blue »

I like the look of Linganzi. I have only seen him in part games so far, but his positional sense seems good, he can pass well and also put in a fair old tackle when necessary. It is early days, but to me has a bit of the style of Darryl Powell about him - and what an excellent player Darryl was.
Locky_McLockface
Guy Whittingham

Post by Locky_McLockface »

richisbradders wrote:His best game I saw was against Doncaster when he came on. Didn't see the Leyton orient game though. Previous to that he had flattered to deceive. I saw him play against Sutton pre season and was pretty shocked he got a contract to be honest. Happy to be proved wrong though.
I saw him in the Bournemouth friendly, and thought he was pants. He was also pretty unfriendly towards the autograph-hunting kids (compare and contrast with Burgey and Baker, who were quite happy to sign autographs for the kids just a few minutes after having been subbed off, and both were still dripping with sweat).

On the other hand, my ST-holding son also watched Linganzi against Bournemouth, and thought he did well.

Funny old game....
I before E except when you run a feisty heist on a weird beige foreign neighbour
Selsey Bill
Interim Manager
Has liked: 58 times
Been liked: 69 times

Post by Selsey Bill »

richisbradders wrote:His best game I saw was against Doncaster when he came on.
I agree, I thought he looked good in that game too - he looked like he had far more time on the ball than the rest of our players put together.
<dj.>
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by <dj.> »

I thought Linganzi and Lalkovich completely changed the Doncaster match when they came on.

I wasn't at Orient, but DJ Jnr was and he really rated Linganzi in that match.