Jamal Lowe and Conor?

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Berkshire Blue
Billy The Boot Boy
Been liked: 12 times

Jamal Lowe and Conor?

Post by Berkshire Blue »

I see that Jamal scored on his England C debut in Estonia on Tuesday.

I wonder if we are getting him as a partner for Conor or as a replacement? He could be just the strike partner that Conor needs to play off, and it could bring each of them on a treat, but that may just be wishful thinking on my part.
Pompey1985
Billy The Boot Boy

Re: Jamal Lowe and Conor?

Post by Pompey1985 »

Berkshire Blue wrote:I see that Jamal scored on his England C debut in Estonia on Tuesday.

I wonder if we are getting him as a partner for Conor or as a replacement? He could be just the strike partner that Conor needs to play off, and it could bring each of them on a treat, but that may just be wishful thinking on my part.
I doubt he has been brought in as either. He is just a prospect who I don't expect to get too much in the way of starts between January and the end of the season.

He is making a big step up, hopefully he can be a Jamie Vardy not a Ryan Bird.
rumourmonger
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by rumourmonger »

I just hope he is comfortable playing up top in a 4-2-3-1 formation. If he isn't then I don't see what use he will be to us.
Everyone says David Beckham is not very intelligent. No-one says that Professor Stephen Hawking is a rubbish footballer!
Pompey1985
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Pompey1985 »

rumourmonger wrote:I just hope he is comfortable playing up top in a 4-2-3-1 formation. If he isn't then I don't see what use he will be to us.
If he wants to play football in the current climate he needs to. It's the most common formation in football at present!
Locky_McLockface
Guy Whittingham

Post by Locky_McLockface »

Berkshire Blue wrote:I see that Jamal scored on his England C debut in Estonia on Tuesday.

With 4 clubs reportedly interested in Little Conor, it seems clear to me that Lowe is a replacement. Hopefully, if we do sell Conor, we'll get a loan-back for the rest of the season.
I before E except when you run a feisty heist on a weird beige foreign neighbour
pompeygunner
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 20 times

Post by pompeygunner »

Locky_McLockface wrote:

With 4 clubs reportedly interested in Little Conor, it seems clear to me that Lowe is a replacement. Hopefully, if we do sell Conor, we'll get a loan-back for the rest of the season.
Have to disagree. I think we'd be mad to not bring in another league quality striker. I see the club taking a punt on Lowe, if it comes off then great. But selling Conor would be nothing to do with bringing in Lowe imo.
Locky_McLockface
Guy Whittingham

Post by Locky_McLockface »

pompeygunner wrote:
Locky_McLockface wrote:

Have to disagree. I think we'd be mad to not bring in another league quality striker. I see the club taking a punt on Lowe, if it comes off then great. But selling Conor would be nothing to do with bringing in Lowe imo.
I hope you're right, but fear the worst. Bournemouth, Ipswich, Brighton and QPR all interested, apparently.
I before E except when you run a feisty heist on a weird beige foreign neighbour