Just a thought about League 2......

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

uspompeyfan
Guy Whittingham

Just a thought about League 2......

Post by uspompeyfan »

Only 8 points separate 6th place Grimsby from 23rd place Colchester.

That could mean that there isn't a discernible difference between any of the bottom 19 clubs and it could be argued that any of these clubs could turn over a top 5 club. In addition, of the top 5, Plymouth are the only ones with a big difference (and they just lost their key striker for 3 months).

The fact that we 'should' be where Plymouth are based on our financial clout in the division (in the eyes of most fans including myself) could be argued that the division is equally filled with dross throughout the league and we aren't making the most of the money we have.

I believe this is the year we have to get out of the bottom tier, because overall, it isn't the highest standard and automatic promotion is there for the taking. maybe, now is the time for Paul Cook to look at the tactics that haven't succeeded in taking us clear, like Plymouth and start preparing for January and tweaking the squad to change to a more solid defense and a proven finisher.
Philipians 4:13
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
POLPERO99
Martin Kuhl

Re: Just a thought about League 2......

Post by POLPERO99 »

You are 99% right , totally agree . I would only add that Saturdays result was a sad reflection on our situation and that if you are serious about promotion, getting a point at Cheltenham is not something to celebrate. I am struggling to see how we can get out of this league unless all of our rivals implode and sell us their best players. To say we are making hard work of it would be an under-statement.

But Tonight all that Changes !

No more soft centred Pompey who give away late goals for fun and struggle to win at home !

0.2 Pompey cruise to an easy Win thanks to goals from Smith !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Leo says You Make Me Feel Like Dancing " Well , Only when Ime Pissed at Weddings "