We won

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

phat_chris
Milan Mandaric
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 45 times

We won

Post by phat_chris »

2-1 both poachers goals by Chaplin.
Pompey Dave
Alan Knight

Re: We won

Post by Pompey Dave »

Much better. Some entertainment at Fratton.
Ahh Frazzles, the king of snack foods...
PakefieldBlue
Alan Knight
Been liked: 13 times

Post by PakefieldBlue »

Much needed and great to have a striker hitting the net.
Selsey Bill
Interim Manager
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 69 times

Post by Selsey Bill »

Orient were without a doubt the worst team I've seen in our league this season. We should have been 4 or 5 up by half time. Still, 3 points are 3 points.
Berkshire Blue
Billy The Boot Boy
Been liked: 12 times

Post by Berkshire Blue »

A couple of lines before someone does a proper BFTG.

At last we started with two up front (Smith and Chaplin), and we came out of the blocks fast looking really good. For most of the first half we were absolutely murdering Orient and we were creating chances which we were failing to take. Enda was taken down in the box and Chaplin seemed to strike the penalty well, but the goalie made a good save.Almost immediately we created another chance and Conor was at the back post to finish it off.

We then seemed to slightly take our foot off the pedal and they equalised with their first shot, and I have to say that it was an absolute cracker that no goalie would have got near.

Evans had been hurt in the first half and at half time was replaced by Jamal Lowe Baker moved to right back and Lowe played in front of him in midfield. They started combining very nicely down the right and soon Baker hit a lovely little cross to the near post and there was Conor to head it in.

Naismith had taken a couple of heavy tackles in the first half and was replaced by Linganzi (he looks a good player to me), and Lowe moved up front with Smith and Conor dropped deeper.

Burgess made his statutory mistake but got away with it - he is young so we should expect these - but generally our defence coped with their numerous high balls into our half quite well. Baker is most definitely not a right back, but he did his very best, so good on him.

In summary, it was a little disappointing that we weren't out of sight before half time, but we looked so much better with todays set up and I hope that we stick with it, at the very least for home matches.
Earl Grey
Interim Manager

Post by Earl Grey »

Although I guess Chaplin was quite rightly MOTM having pegged two goals I reckon Kal Naismith was a very close second.
Stop looking for solutions to symptoms and start identifying the disease.
Portchester PFC
Kev the Kitman

Post by Portchester PFC »

Selsey Bill wrote:Orient were without a doubt the worst team I've seen in our league this season. We should have been 4 or 5 up by half time. Still, 3 points are 3 points.
+1 SB
Heaven's Light Our Guide
Purbrook Chimes
Kev the Kitman

Post by Purbrook Chimes »

Portchester PFC wrote:
Selsey Bill wrote:Orient were without a doubt the worst team I've seen in our league this season. We should have been 4 or 5 up by half time. Still, 3 points are 3 points.
+1 SB
Agreed , should have been out of sight by half time , they were awful
pompeymick
Martin Kuhl

Post by pompeymick »

My biggest worry at Fratton is the total lack of an 'out ball' when we are in defence. All our defensive clearances went to the opposition allowing them to maintain pressure and ,although we coped, it kept us pegged in our own half. Other teams don't seem to have that problem they seem to be able to turn defence into attack at will. Doncaster turned every defensive clearance into an attack and Leyton Orient, were very good at clearing their lines by finding an outlet when under attack as do most teams we play, whereas we struggle.