Danny Hylton - Did Pompey bid for him this transfer window?

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Jack_Tinn
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 56 times

Danny Hylton - Did Pompey bid for him this transfer window?

Post by Jack_Tinn »

I read that Paul Cook was looking to sign a striker and he was quoted as saying something along the lines of: it would excite the fans if we got him but I don't think we will and then last week I saw that Luton have just given a pay rise and contract extension to Danny Hylton; and they only signed him in the summer.

When a club turns down an offer for a player then it is not uncommon for the club to then give the player a pay rise and/or contract extension to compensate him for not making the move.

I know I am only speculating but I am seeing Pompey's hand in this and suspect that we made an offer for Danny Hylton this transfer window which Luton turned down. If so, the chance of him joining Pompey is dead now so it will be interesting to see whether anymore is mentioned in the last two weeks of the window about this forward that Cook is supposed to be in for.

what do you think?
pompeygunner
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 20 times

Re: Danny Hylton - Did Pompey bid for him this transfer wind

Post by pompeygunner »

On FF about 3-4 yrs ago I said we should snap him up from IIRC Aldershot & was roundly told I was talking cobblers. :D
Good player IMO, always gives defenders a hard game, has a bit of pace & a few tricks to boot plus scores goals. At this level he has all the ingredients needed.