Signs of rift between Cook/players and the fans?

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

PakefieldBlue
Alan Knight
Been liked: 13 times

Signs of rift between Cook/players and the fans?

Post by PakefieldBlue »

It seems to me, from a distance, that Cook and some of the players are getting more vocal in their dissatisfaction of the Pompey fans. Again this week in his post-match interview Cook takes a pop at the fans for cheering Roberts getting subbed instead of Lowe. And there's also Naismith shouting back at a fan during the game.

It's not really about the rights and wrongs of those but the fact that Cook in particular is going public on his displeasure which is interesting. I can't see that causing anything other a further deterioration in relations.

Could there be a scenario where we get promoted but Cook leaves anyway because his position with the fans has become untenable?
POLPERO99
Martin Kuhl

Re: Signs of rift between Cook/players and the fans?

Post by POLPERO99 »

Not sure on a rift but its not a happy ship thats for sure. Roberts, Doyle and Forde look nervous and well p***** off as does PC and Our fans dont help matters sometimes. it wasnt that long ago we were singing Roberts name . He was without doubt our best player, a goalscorer , penalty taker and person most likely to make something happen . Now he seems to blame for everything .

Chaplin against Exeter was dreadful as he has been on several occasions this season yet those performances have gone un-noticed by the fans

Its a funny old Game sometimes .
Leo says You Make Me Feel Like Dancing " Well , Only when Ime Pissed at Weddings "