The Promotion Twitch.

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Pompey1985
Billy The Boot Boy

The Promotion Twitch.

Post by Pompey1985 »

It's growing.
RubiconCSL
Site Admin
Has liked: 85 times
Been liked: 66 times

Re: The Promotion Twitch.

Post by RubiconCSL »

Could we dream? Should we? We've had the excitement in our living memories of winning the FA Cup, playing Milan, having 5 Pompey players in an England starting line up. But oddly enough, after the carp that followed, this would be almost as exciting to me!
Like many, trust few and always paddle you own canoe.
Portchester PFC
Kev the Kitman

Post by Portchester PFC »

I would say we should certainly move from looking down to looking up, forget what's below, keep doing the same or better than them and we are home and hosed. Personally i think Plymouth have not exited their wobble yet and although Donny have been pretty damn consistent i think they might have a little look over their shoulder soon enough and get a bit of a fifty pence/five pence moment if we keep this run together.

PUP.
Heaven's Light Our Guide
RubiconCSL
Site Admin
Has liked: 85 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by RubiconCSL »

Well if it is timing - and let's not forget lots of teams have had a good run at some point of the season - then this could be the Steve Cram / Steve Ovett of timings for the season. We've sat in behind the front runners and are now just leaving the last bend and the final 100m straight is in sight. As long as no one gets a running shoe spike in the back of their leg, we look like we could just have the sprint here. May have left it a bit late for gold, but I think silver could just about be possible.
Like many, trust few and always paddle you own canoe.
Pompey1985
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Pompey1985 »

I'm a big believer that a strong finish this year could roll over into next...
Pompey Gary
Milan Mandaric

Post by Pompey Gary »

As long as Pompey are in the top 3 I personally don't really see much relevance in where they all finish. Look at the teams that were promoted last season, they're all around midtable. But Donnie are 10 points ahead, unbeaten at home and as good as a League 1 club already so I can't see them worrying about us too much and I will be surprised if anyone else catches them.

It's getting exciting though isn't it? I've followed the club for a long time and promotion seasons don't tend to come around very often. But 3 wins, 10 goals, 3 clean sheets in 1 week have transformed the team's prospects.
Portchester PFC
Kev the Kitman

Post by Portchester PFC »

Pompey Gary wrote:As long as Pompey are in the top 3 I personally don't really see much relevance in where they all finish. Look at the teams that were promoted last season, they're all around midtable. But Donnie are 10 points ahead, unbeaten at home and as good as a League 1 club already so I can't see them worrying about us too much and I will be surprised if anyone else catches them.

It's getting exciting though isn't it? I've followed the club for a long time and promotion seasons don't tend to come around very often. But 3 wins, 10 goals, 3 clean sheets in 1 week have transformed the team's prospects.
And for me the biggest monkey off their back is a convincing win at home, that will do wonders for their confidence as they saw the best of FP and the fans last night.
Heaven's Light Our Guide
<dj.>
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by <dj.> »

Yes, the players made the most of their stroll around the ground applauding the fans after the match, and who can blame them? It was an entirely different experience from the last time they did it.
Earl Grey
Interim Manager

Post by Earl Grey »

RubiconCSL wrote:...We've had the excitement of ..... having 5 Pompey players in an England starting line up......
Have we?
So Jamo, Defoe, Sol-oh, Me-oh .....just one cornetto :guitar

Ahem...sorry 'bout that.....so Jamo, Defoe, Sol, Crouchie, Johnno....presumably, were all in the starting line-up for a match?

I must admit I thought it was only 4 who were ever on the pitch at the same time but I'd be very happy to be proven wrong.
Portchester PFC wrote: And for me the biggest monkey off their back is a convincing win at home, that will do wonders for their confidence as they saw the best of FP and the fans last night.
Yes, the best of Fratton Park was seen - it cannot be understated that the moaning minnies were quiet.
Maybe quiet because we were winning from fairly early on but let's hope that this is a permanent state of affairs - back to the days when the team were unconditionally supported. There's no one out there who isn't trying hard it's just that sometimes one or two will have a rubbish game where every trick goes wrong, every pass or shot goes astray.
Stop looking for solutions to symptoms and start identifying the disease.