Our shares... our club and the potential investment

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Far Post Brisley
Billy The Boot Boy

Our shares... our club and the potential investment

Post by Far Post Brisley »

I was one of quite a few who bought a part share.
I am also a full shareholder but my blind loyalty of purchasing a share in a club that I love has made me over look a few investment basics. I am not looking for my investment back, a good buying price or a profitable dividend; I am comforted that I own a little bit, and I want nothing more than that.

I am personally intrigued and quietly delighted that some other investment other than the feared next appeal for crowd funding, potentially, a new North Stand or Milton End or South Stand which are all overdue and at least, must have a limited timescale!

Will the Trust vote and that becomes a Block Vote (like the Labour party leadership election!) or does the Trust vote proportionally split?

With so many Trust shares in shared ownership, how will these votes be cast or even measured!?

I expect the due diligence to be undertaken by the current board and officers of the club, I am sure the Football League and its Fit and Proper Assessment people will not want this to go through without Mr Eisner being thoroughly aware of the political disaster it would be if "doing a Portsmouth" were to repeat itself! From about half an hour last night, his media profile at first glance seems quite impressive.

For all those who are unsure, there will be ENORMOUS pressure upon the football authorities for this to go well. The huge cost of player wages in even the lower Championship teams is way more than any purely fan owned organisation can undertake, so investment, either from selling the club or more shadowy contrived sponsorship deals, is almost inevitable.

Milan Mandaric was from the States and did his Due Diligence work on us, using the internationally available media, not just attending matches. Despite the promises of new grounds and facilities not bearing fruit, he started our dreams to be fulfilled by our team. Only when the tap was turned off did we (all) realise how big the plughole was! Other investors have been wooed by our (media coverage) supporters, promised and failed.

Keep an eye out for Micah Hall's article, and also Private Eye will take an interesting stance as they were suspicious of Gaydamak and others since from a very early stage. These and the other "internationally available media" will list the bad times of Pompey since 2009 as much as anything of our League 2 campaign, when anyone searches the club.
These media opinions will hopefully know what to look for and help us form a balanced decision. I just hope the potential for trolling abuse for a future owner with a high profile Twitter account, does not ruin this potential before it begins.

On a slightly lighter note, it appears this Tornante group is behind the Topps Trading Card organisation. Let alone Disney, I feel I have invested more money in these trading cards than the £1000+ I specifically invested in my football club. He owes me!
"Oh, well, that's the end of this suit!"