70 Day exclusivity period...

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Far Post Brisley
Billy The Boot Boy

70 Day exclusivity period...

Post by Far Post Brisley »

Ok.
Not entirely certain what that means but I am reassured that those that represent us have engaged Trevor Birch who is the one administrator to come out of the years of mismanagement with any credit whatsoever.
Has anyone else been involved in a similar exclusivity period, preferred bidder scenario?
Did we have this with any previous takeovers? I seem to recall Gregory buying from Deacon dragged on a bit after being revealed by the Snooze.
Also not sure at what stage the FA or EFL will want to know about what we are up to as a club, they will not want Fan ownership to be seen as failing, nor will they want Pompey to fall in to Administration in the space of living memory.

Perhaps "Doing a Portsmouth" will in future refer to saving your club rather than financially ruining it..?
"Oh, well, that's the end of this suit!"
Locky_McLockface
Guy Whittingham

Re: 70 Day exclusivity period...

Post by Locky_McLockface »

Far Post Brisley wrote:Ok.
Not entirely certain what that means but I am reassured that those that represent us have engaged Trevor Birch who is the one administrator to come out of the years of mismanagement with any credit whatsoever.
Has anyone else been involved in a similar exclusivity period, preferred bidder scenario?
Did we have this with any previous takeovers? I seem to recall Gregory buying from Deacon dragged on a bit after being revealed by the Snooze.
Also not sure at what stage the FA or EFL will want to know about what we are up to as a club, they will not want Fan ownership to be seen as failing, nor will they want Pompey to fall in to Administration in the space of living memory.

Perhaps "Doing a Portsmouth" will in future refer to saving your club rather than financially ruining it..?
I'm pretty sure that Sillyman Al Fahim had a period of exclusivity, when trying to buy us from Gaydamak.

In practice it means zilch, really, it just means that we guarantee not to sell to any of the rest of the hordes of people clamouring to buy us. It probably also means that we aren't allowed to talk to anyone else about the possibility of buying us.
I before E except when you run a feisty heist on a weird beige foreign neighbour
CoshamWreck
Martin Kuhl
Been liked: 2 times

Post by CoshamWreck »

[quote="Far Post Brisley"]
Also not sure at what stage the FA or EFL will want to know about what we are up to as a club, they will not want Fan ownership to be seen as failing, nor will they want Pompey to fall in to Administration in the space of living memory

Oh and what about the FA's fit and proper person test? I bet they'll give him a really tough time, just as they did to protect us from evil in the past :smt011
Mickemo
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 25 times

Post by Mickemo »

Coshamwreck wrote:
Far Post Brisley wrote:
Oh and what about the FA's fit and proper person test? I bet they'll give him a really tough time, just as they did to protect us from evil in the past :smt011
This is so true, even now my blood boils when i think of the FA's Fit and Proper Person test - what a load of **y** and the uckers had the audacity to doc us 10 points which relegated us to League 1

FA = T0ssers !!

Sorry rant over
Portchester PFC
Kev the Kitman

Post by Portchester PFC »

Locky_McLockface wrote:

I'm pretty sure that Sillyman Al Fahim had a period of exclusivity, when trying to buy us from Gaydamak.

In practice it means zilch, really, it just means that we guarantee not to sell to any of the rest of the hordes of people clamouring to buy us. It probably also means that we aren't allowed to talk to anyone else about the possibility of buying us.
If it has been written by American lawyers it will be tighter than a ducks porthole. I personally can't see anything coming out of this other than the sale to him which I think I would like to see as the trust has done a excellent job but we have reached the peak of what I believe they can achieve with us. To go any further the club needs investment in training facilities, academy and a new/refurbished ground.
Heaven's Light Our Guide
Jack_Tinn
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 55 times
Been liked: 52 times

Post by Jack_Tinn »

Think of it as if you were buying a house - in this case Pompey have agreed not to sell, market or show anyone else around the house for a period of 70 days. In that period the potential buyers will do all the searches they need and check the title deeds and then decide to make a firm offer to buy the place ...... or not. The period of 70 days can be extended if both parties agree.
Far Post Brisley
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Far Post Brisley »

Jack_Tinn wrote:

Think of it as if you were buying a house - in this case Pompey have agreed not to sell, market or show anyone else around the house for a period of 70 days. In that period the potential buyers will do all the searches they need and check the title deeds and then decide to make a firm offer to buy the place ...... or not. The period of 70 days can be extended if both parties agree.

Thank you, perfectly clarified at this stage.
Play up Pompey!
"Oh, well, that's the end of this suit!"