Engerlund vs Lithuwhatever

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

The Cincinnati Kid
Guy Whittingham
Been liked: 17 times

Engerlund vs Lithuwhatever

Post by The Cincinnati Kid »

I have to say that although I detested Gareth Boring Southgate, thus far I am...well...not impressed....lets say mildly undissapointed.

Jermaine Defoe up front though?,,,,I get he's in form and Kane is out and Sicknote is out but hes hardly the future of England.

Anyhow....game on.....don't think we have even conceded a goal so far in this totally gravy group.

Predictamundo: 4=0
Div III. Call it what it is.
The Cincinnati Kid
Guy Whittingham

Re: Engerlund vs Lithuwhatever

stat (FACT) du jour

England have not lost a qualifying match since 2009
The Cincinnati Kid
Guy Whittingham

Lets take a minute to laugh at Scotland who, in this totally gravy group are 5th of 6

bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahaha
The Cincinnati Kid
Guy Whittingham

1-0 Derfoe....don't think I've seen what color jersey Joe Hart is wearing as yet.
The Cincinnati Kid
Guy Whittingham

Been peppering the goal since Rashford & Vardy came on. Solid performance really.....I always find Sterling disappointing though. Dude gives the ball away more often than charityfreefootballs.com and dribbles into blind alleys.....though he did get the assist today.
Earl Grey
Interim Manager

Post by Earl Grey »

An ok performance by everyone. Enjoyed Joe Hart's tale of his conversation with Fred Karno the Froggy lino who 'redefined' (according to commentators) what offside meant when he made a huge blunder allowing a Lithuanian to lob Hart only for the ball to be cleared off the line. Froggy claimed he thought one of our players headed it back so Hart told him it wasn't his decision to make but to flag for offside and let the ref decide. Well said, Hart.
Stop looking for solutions to symptoms and start identifying the disease.
Locky_McLockface
Guy Whittingham

Post by Locky_McLockface »

Earl Grey wrote:An ok performance by everyone. Enjoyed Joe Hart's tale of his conversation with Fred Karno the Froggy lino who 'redefined' (according to commentators) what offside meant when he made a huge blunder allowing a Lithuanian to lob Hart only for the ball to be cleared off the line. Froggy claimed he thought one of our players headed it back so Hart told him it wasn't his decision to make but to flag for offside and let the ref decide. Well said, Hart.
The replay clearly showed that Monsieur Karno was not actually looking to see whether the attacker was offside or not. By the time he was aware of the issue, Stones was playing him onside. I smell caca de taureau...

With regard to the game, I was disappointed with England - our first goal showed how to play against a team with those tactics - get the past the full back, cut inside to goal line, and pull it back for a sweaty goal. We only really did that once, and scored. But that's Sterling all over, does something good once, but hasn't got the bottle to do it again. None of the players have the bottle - with the possible exception of Rashford.
I before E except when you run a feisty heist on a weird beige foreign neighbour