Oh joy, more politics incoming.

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Number 1 Jasper
Guy Whittingham

Re: Oh joy, more politics incoming.

Post by Number 1 Jasper »

RubiconCSL wrote:Pretty much spot on I'd say.
The Cincinnati Kid wrote:The powers that be do not want Brexit to happen. They have been promising y'all a vote on it for over 1/4 century but alas, yall didn't vote as expected. I reckon you will see every possible delaying tactic in the hope of persuading the electorate to elect pro euro members to an in-ignorable majority in the commons. They (those guys) have realized Brexit will likely lead to bye bye Scotland and even Cheerio N Ireland thus reducing the former Bwitish Empire to Londinium, Hampshire and Sussex. It's the polite British way of ignoring the vote without the fixings of the likes of Turkey and Russia.
Tea and Europe revisited anyone?

I honestly don't see how Brexit will not happen.
"I love the night. The day is okay and the sun can be fun. But I live to see those rays slip away"
RubiconCSL
Site Admin
Has liked: 80 times
Been liked: 64 times

Post by RubiconCSL »

It will still happen - probably. But I still feel the main powers that be didn't expect a yes vote and definitely don't want it. The more they can water it down and/or delay it indefinitely, the less it will hurt them. Let's see how the usual balanced unbiased media perform over the next 3 months.
Number 1 Jasper wrote:
RubiconCSL wrote:Pretty much spot on I'd say.
The Cincinnati Kid wrote:The powers that be do not want Brexit to happen. They have been promising y'all a vote on it for over 1/4 century but alas, yall didn't vote as expected. I reckon you will see every possible delaying tactic in the hope of persuading the electorate to elect pro euro members to an in-ignorable majority in the commons. They (those guys) have realized Brexit will likely lead to bye bye Scotland and even Cheerio N Ireland thus reducing the former Bwitish Empire to Londinium, Hampshire and Sussex. It's the polite British way of ignoring the vote without the fixings of the likes of Turkey and Russia.
Tea and Europe revisited anyone?

I honestly don't see how Brexit will not happen.
Like many, trust few and always paddle you own canoe.
Lone Proton
Robbie Pethick

Post by Lone Proton »

It's in the nature of mankind. If only women ruled the World.......
Berkshire Blue
Billy The Boot Boy
Been liked: 9 times

Post by Berkshire Blue »

Lone Proton wrote:It's in the nature of mankind. If only women ruled the World.......
Hah! They certainly rule my world - the thumbprint on my head proves it!