RedCrap to Birmingham

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

RubiconCSL
Site Admin
Has liked: 80 times
Been liked: 64 times

RedCrap to Birmingham

Post by RubiconCSL »

Gotta love the bloke. Had a 10-15 minute talk with the club and decided to take it because "he was bored sitting around at home". I'm sure that would clinch it at most interviews when asked why you want the job.

Great quote on the BBC:-
I hear Harry's on twenty five grand a week! so after tax and deductions he'll be taking home twenty five grand.
Like many, trust few and always paddle you own canoe.
Milkins
Interim Manager
Been liked: 4 times

Re: RedCrap to Birmingham

Post by Milkins »

He'll soon get tired of hauling his creaking bones up and down the A34 - probably manufacture an irreconcilable difference between himself and the owners and walk away with 3 years pay for a few months work.

Allegedly.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you."
Mickemo
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 25 times

Post by Mickemo »

I wish him well - I watched some of the best football as a Pompey fan whilst he was in charge, oh yeah & I nearly forgot he guided us to the FA Cup win too

IMHO its time we moved on from this anti 'Arry stance
Locky_McLockface
Guy Whittingham

Post by Locky_McLockface »

Mickemo wrote:I wish him well - I watched some of the best football as a Pompey fan whilst he was in charge, oh yeah & I nearly forgot he guided us to the FA Cup win too

I dislike his lack of grace - the "Oh, I'll never go up the road" then a few days later, then comes back to his "spirichool ome", then left again overnight, claiming how he was doing us a favour.
I before E except when you run a feisty heist on a weird beige foreign neighbour
Earl Grey
Interim Manager

Post by Earl Grey »

Mickemo wrote:I wish him well - I watched some of the best football as a Pompey fan whilst he was in charge, oh yeah & I nearly forgot he guided us to the FA Cup win too

I agree with you. I'd shake his hand if I met him and thank him for the best period of football I've ever experienced as a Pompey supporter and I've supported them all my life.

He's just a bit of a **** in saying things he didn't need to.

Can't blame him for going to the Ripples as he's employed as a football manager and they offered him a contract. He should've explained that to the Pompey fans rather than lying through his teeth.
When he went to Spurs he spoiled it by saying stuff about how utterly skint we were and were desperate for the severance money we got when he pulled out of his contract with us.

If he always engaged brain before mouth then all would've been fine imho.
Stop looking for solutions to symptoms and start identifying the disease.
Number 1 Jasper
Guy Whittingham

Post by Number 1 Jasper »

IMHO he is a grade A C**T :!:
"I love the night. The day is okay and the sun can be fun. But I live to see those rays slip away"
... and chips
Kev the Kitman

Post by ... and chips »

Not even Redknapp can bankrupt a club in three games, can he?
Bluesbro'
Interim Manager
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 4 times

Post by Bluesbro' »

... and chips wrote:Not even Redknapp can bankrupt a club in three games, can he?
I'm not on any betting sites but I was wondering if there are any odds on that happening yet. :rofl
Mickemo
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 25 times

Post by Mickemo »

... and chips wrote:Not even Redknapp can bankrupt a club in three games, can he?
Did you mean to say that out loud ? Best go and do some research!
past memories
Kev the Kitman
Been liked: 2 times

Post by past memories »

I read today that Sandra is happy for Harry to go to Brum. She says he`s useless around the house, and this will get him out of the way.
RubiconCSL
Site Admin
Has liked: 80 times
Been liked: 64 times

Post by RubiconCSL »

Saw this on FB. Made me laugh anyway.
Attachments
redknapp.jpg
Like many, trust few and always paddle you own canoe.
Lone Proton
Robbie Pethick

Post by Lone Proton »

Harry (and Jim's) promotion season was the best season for me. Even better than our mini European tour or winning the FA Cup. I could actually see an Italian world cup winner playing for us - in the 2nd division. And Vinny Pericard, Magic. Ooooo Toddy Toddy. From the outset you just knew we'd go up.

We should have told the FA to FO back then and insisted on staying in the 2nd Div (Championship). We would have won promotion to 1st Div (premiere) every year since then and every year refused to enter into that den of liars, thieves, and cheats, where corruption is the common currency at the expense of the fans.

Braga away. A trip I'll never forget. Before any of us got back to our Hotels Harry was back in england already signed up to save Spurs. Can't say I blame him. Who would want to work for the gay da maks unless they got a £400k bonus to keep their mouth shut while they robbed the rest of us blind.

Harry's job was to win things for us which he did. Sir 'arry of Sandbanks may have known what was going on but why didn't the board expose the shenanigans post Milan. Isn't that their job?