Straw Poll - buy out red lines

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

No Shot Sherlock
Sir Conan Doyle
Sir Conan Doyle
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 13 times

Straw Poll - buy out red lines

Post by No Shot Sherlock »

Out of interest, how many of you feel, like me, that the PST retaining both a shareholding and board representation are red lines for any buy out of the club?
Lone Proton
Robbie Pethick

Re: Straw Poll - buy out red lines

Post by Lone Proton »

If Eisner - should he gain control - allows the PST to have a non executive director on his board, who pick up the tab (salary/expenses) for the PST member? The PST or the club?

Naturally if I was that non exec I wouldn't charge for my services. Just speak my mind.

Eisner would have at least have to listen to me (us) four times a year
Lost in Transportation
Guy Whittingham

Post by Lost in Transportation »

Lone Proton wrote:If Eisner - should he gain control - allows the PST to have a non executive director on his board, who pick up the tab (salary/expenses) for the PST member? The PST or the club?

Naturally if I was that non exec I wouldn't charge for my services. Just speak my mind.

Eisner would have at least have to listen to me (us) four times a year
Currently there are three non-executive directors from the PST...
Watching wheels spin and dust settle.
RubiconCSL
Site Admin
Has liked: 87 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by RubiconCSL »

I do have concerns. However, I haven't read the offer yet. Potentially moving the club 15 miles away is an issue. I'm not sure where this stipulation came from, maybe it was the PST to protect the club? But even half that distance west would not sit easily with me. But as I say, I haven't read it yet, so can't really comment.
Like many, trust few and always paddle you own canoe.
Lone Proton
Robbie Pethick

Post by Lone Proton »

No Shot Sherlock: If I had the dosh to offer everyone more than Mr. Eisner can I'd make us a counter offer soonest. My red line would be a shareholding. No dosh no shareholding. Simples.

My understanding is that if Mr. Eisner's bid succeeds any dosh goes to the PST. If the faithful (PST) want a shareholding I hope they've offered to re-invest that so next season is another promotion season.

Lost in Transportation: 3 non execs from PST, which in it's own survey says - and I quote - "Given that we represent the largest share in the club."? The PST non execs can reveal shenanigans. Thank the Force we have them. But is the club really 'owned by the fans' as advertised on the trust website?

RubiconCSL: Only they have read the offer. All of us are yet to read it :-) Can't wait so...If we need to move (and I don't see why until we're competing regularly against the likes of Barca & Bayern) I wouldn't expect any help from the City Council. Maybe that's why we're talking radius lengths?

"The future's uncertain and the end is always near", Roadhouse Blues, The Doors 1967
No Shot Sherlock
Sir Conan Doyle
Sir Conan Doyle
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 13 times

Post by No Shot Sherlock »

Okay, it's just me then :shock:
Lone Proton
Robbie Pethick

Post by Lone Proton »

Mr. Eisner has clearly stated he wants to own us lock stock and my championship dream. When his offer arrives that's what I expect to see in it. No direct fan involvement v risk he dies early or gets bored.

I'm trying to decide whether I want my club sold or not before I make any decision on whether to vote for Mr. Eisner or not. If I don't want it sold I may always vote no. If I do want it sold is Mr. Eisner the only person who would buy it? At the moment we can't seek other options. But after exclusivity?

If I want to sell the club but Mr. Eisner's offer isn't accepted I will still want to sell the club. But do I need to sell all of it right here right now losing any fan share or representation. Preferably not.

So if he doesn't takeover our club lock, stock, and dreams with this offer why can't our current owners issue a 'for sale' notice on 1st June that includes red lines i.e. ask for investment on our terms.

What money would a 30-40-50% ownership in the club deliver? What control would we let go for £? I'm happy to lose my grand. I never expected it back anyway and now I'm being asked to 'sell' it. Weeird,

If we want to sell the club (and we do need money in) surely there's more ways than one to skin a cat?