Pompey Chimes Syndicate 1 - is Blitzoid about???

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Selsey Bill
Interim Manager
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 69 times

Pompey Chimes Syndicate 1 - is Blitzoid about???

Post by Selsey Bill »

I notice that PCS2 have started a thread. Is the organiser of PCS1 - Blitzoid - about? If so does he have any plans to get the 20 shareholders to vote? Also, as a syndicate someone can represent this group of 20 at the meeting on Thursday. I would have thought someone would want to represent us? I certainly would, but I will already be there. Let's make every vote count.
Selsey Bill
Interim Manager

Re: Pompey Chimes Syndicate 1 - is Blitzoid about???

Post by Selsey Bill »

Here are the 20 from Syndicate 1:

Blitzoid
Lock Man
Happy Hour
Lakes
Chopper Dave
Wimbledon Blue
Noonah
Ddavis
Bluesbro
Pompey24
Selsey Bill
Ziggy Stardust
Annie
Stuntelaar
Stubbingtonblue
Fratton End Exile
View From The Hill
Bileys Barnet
PompeyPanther
Guernsey Blue
This Time Next Year
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 1 time

Post by This Time Next Year »

Selsey Bill wrote:Here are the 20 from Syndicate 1:

Blitzoid
Lock Man
Happy Hour
Lakes
Chopper Dave
Wimbledon Blue
Noonah
Ddavis
Bluesbro
Pompey24
Selsey Bill
Ziggy Stardust
Annie
Stuntelaar
Stubbingtonblue
Fratton End Exile
View From The Hill
Bileys Barnet
PompeyPanther
Guernsey Blue
Pretty sure I made it into syndicate 1, not sure why or how now, as I struggled to find it in the old posts when I was trawling them, but suspect somebody dropped out for one reason or another, and I stepped in to fill the void.
Earl Grey
Interim Manager

Post by Earl Grey »

This Time Next Year wrote:
Pretty sure I made it into syndicate 1, not sure why or how now, as I struggled to find it in the old posts when I was trawling them, but suspect somebody dropped out for one reason or another, and I stepped in to fill the void.
Same for me, TTNY. I was DEFINITELY in Syndicate 1 and can prove it.

Looking through my PMs there's an exchange with Russell (blitzoid) about addresses and so on plus he sent the members of Syndicate 1 a copy of the certificate thingy.

I can also prove that money was transferred to him.
Stop looking for solutions to symptoms and start identifying the disease.
blitzoid
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by blitzoid »

Yes, not about on here as much as I used to be, but have received a document pack, and I came on to start a thread similar to this.

How do people want to get their vote to me? Email/reply to this thread etc.

I assume we'll just go with a majority decision.
Its such a fine line between stupid and clever.
Locky_McLockface
Guy Whittingham

Post by Locky_McLockface »

Hi Mr B.

I know that I'm in Syndicate 1, but there is a certain level of debate about exactly who is and who isn't.

Could I suggest, please, that you PM the 19 others, asking for their votes, and giving a deadline for a response.

I would also suggest, as I have done previously, that you, as the Syndicate Co-ordinator, get a casting vote in the result is tied.
I before E except when you run a feisty heist on a weird beige foreign neighbour
Selsey Bill
Interim Manager

Post by Selsey Bill »

blitzoid wrote:Yes, not about on here as much as I used to be, but have received a document pack, and I came on to start a thread similar to this.

I suspect people will want their vote to remain undisclosed to the masses so I would suggest people DM you?
blitzoid
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by blitzoid »

Selsey Bill wrote:
blitzoid wrote:Yes, not about on here as much as I used to be, but have received a document pack, and I came on to start a thread similar to this.

I suspect people will want their vote to remain undisclosed to the masses so I would suggest people DM you?
Cool - do that everyone.
Its such a fine line between stupid and clever.
Ziggy Sawdust
Kev the Kitman

Post by Ziggy Sawdust »

Just been alerted to this by the lovely Selsey Bill. Should I abstain? Doesn't really seem right to vote when I'm not sure what's best for your club.
Locky_McLockface
Guy Whittingham

Post by Locky_McLockface »

Ziggy Sawdust wrote:Just been alerted to this by the lovely Selsey Bill. Should I abstain? Doesn't really seem right to vote when I'm not sure what's best for your club.
Good afternoon, Ziggy, lovely to see you back on here, I hope business is booming for you.

Ultimately, it's your choice how you vote. You were good enough to invest your hard-earned cash to save a club you don't support. You have just as much right to cast a vote as any of the rest of us in the syndicate. Do what you feel is right.
I before E except when you run a feisty heist on a weird beige foreign neighbour
Chiswick Blue
Kev the Kitman

Post by Chiswick Blue »

Selsey Bill wrote:Here are the 20 from Syndicate 1:

Blitzoid
Lock Man
Happy Hour
Lakes
Chopper Dave
Wimbledon Blue
Noonah
Ddavis
Bluesbro
Pompey24
Selsey Bill
Ziggy Stardust
Annie
Stuntelaar
Stubbingtonblue
Fratton End Exile
View From The Hill
Bileys Barnet
PompeyPanther
Guernsey Blue
My vote is to negotiate but ultimately accept the Eisner bid, i just can't see how we can survive as a self funding club, we are running at a loss and have no money for ground repairs, squad building, etc. I think Eisner is the real deal.
"If you would take the pains but to examine the wars of Pompey the Great, you shall find, I warrant you, that there is no tiddle-taddle nor pibble-pabble in Pompey's camp." - Henry V - Act 4, scene 1
Ziggy Sawdust
Kev the Kitman

Post by Ziggy Sawdust »

Locky_McLockface wrote:
Ziggy Sawdust wrote:Just been alerted to this by the lovely Selsey Bill. Should I abstain? Doesn't really seem right to vote when I'm not sure what's best for your club.
Good afternoon, Ziggy, lovely to see you back on here, I hope business is booming for you.

Ultimately, it's your choice how you vote. You were good enough to invest your hard-earned cash to save a club you don't support. You have just as much right to cast a vote as any of the rest of us in the syndicate. Do what you feel is right.
Aw, that's a nice welcome, Locky, thank you. Moved over a year ago now, so I've hung my pinny up.

OK - I'll have a read on what you're all thinking and then vote for what I believe would be in the club's best interests.
Earl Grey
Interim Manager

Post by Earl Grey »

Chiswick Blue wrote:
My vote is to negotiate but ultimately accept the Eisner bid, i just can't see how we can survive as a self funding club, we are running at a loss and have no money for ground repairs, squad building, etc. I think Eisner is the real deal.
That's my stance, too, Chiswick.

On the face of it Eisner seems to have put down a line in the sand which has one or two dodgy elements to it.

I think we need to push that line back towards him......but not so aggressively he goes somewhere else because I believe his intentions are honourable.

But ultimately I see no choice but to accept his offer.

I've PM'd blitzoid to that effect.
Locky_McLockface wrote: I would also suggest.......that [blitzoid], as the Syndicate Co-ordinator, gets a casting vote if the result is tied.
I agree with that.
Stop looking for solutions to symptoms and start identifying the disease.
Chiswick Blue
Kev the Kitman

Post by Chiswick Blue »

Earl Grey wrote:
Chiswick Blue wrote:
I think we need to push that line back towards him......but not so aggressively he goes somewhere else because I believe his intentions are honourable.
HIs money his real, his business acumen is documented, he donates millions through philanthropy, why we he want to go through all of this just to rip off a small British club for a few million? Unless theres oil under Fratton Park that he knows about??
"If you would take the pains but to examine the wars of Pompey the Great, you shall find, I warrant you, that there is no tiddle-taddle nor pibble-pabble in Pompey's camp." - Henry V - Act 4, scene 1
This Time Next Year
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 1 time

Post by This Time Next Year »

My personal view, is that people are reading too much into the colours/location minutiae... Go on Eisner, try changing our kit to red and white stripes... See how many shirts you sell... Go on, move us to Hamble, see how many tickets you sell... It's not going to happen.

He's the best chance of pushing on that we'll have. No one expected their £50 or £1000 back so stop analyzing it like he's getting a great deal, etc etc. Of course he is, anyone who buys us is getting a good deal, the investment was only ever to save the club, ownership was a bonus.