I wonder

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Locky_McLockface
Guy Whittingham

I wonder

Post by Locky_McLockface »

How they chose which players should receive medals.

The EFL issues 23 medals, 18 for players, 1 for the manager, 1 for the Club Secretary or Chief Administrator, 1 for the Physio and 2 for other non-playing staff.

However, we presented, IIRC, 22 players with medals.

Eoin Doyle didn't get one. Curtis Main didn't get one. (He was announced along with the U23 squad)

Curtis Main has made 12 league appearances this season, but didn't warrant a medal. Stanley Aborah, Nicke Kabamba and Drew Talbot all warranted a medal, but between the 3 of them have only played one more league game than Curtis Main. I think even Liam O'Brien got one, for warming the bench excellently this season. Don't get me wrong, I think all those players deserve a medal, it's just a bit of a snub to Curtis Main.
I before E except when you run a feisty heist on a weird beige foreign neighbour
Lost in Transportation
Guy Whittingham

Re: I wonder

Post by Lost in Transportation »

Locky_McLockface wrote:The EFL issues 23 medals, 18 for players, 1 for the manager, 1 for the Club Secretary or Chief Administrator, 1 for the Physio and 2 for other non-playing staff.

It used to be appearance based which would have qualify Curtis Main for a medal. It does smell a little.
Watching wheels spin and dust settle.
Selsey Bill
Interim Manager
Has liked: 58 times
Been liked: 69 times

Post by Selsey Bill »

Locky_McLockface wrote:How they chose which players should receive medals.

The EFL issues 23 medals, 18 for players, 1 for the manager, 1 for the Club Secretary or Chief Administrator, 1 for the Physio and 2 for other non-playing staff.

Eoin Doyle didn't get one. Curtis Main didn't get one. (He was announced along with the U23 squad)

Curtis Main has made 12 league appearances this season, but didn't warrant a medal. Stanley Aborah, Nicke Kabamba and Drew Talbot all warranted a medal, but between the 3 of them have only played one more league game than Curtis Main. I think even Liam O'Brien got one, for warming the bench excellently this season. Don't get me wrong, I think all those players deserve a medal, it's just a bit of a snub to Curtis Main.
Fascinating stuff. I had no idea.
Earl Grey
Interim Manager

Post by Earl Grey »

Lost in Transportation wrote:
Locky_McLockface wrote:The EFL issues 23 medals, 18 for players, 1 for the manager, 1 for the Club Secretary or Chief Administrator, 1 for the Physio and 2 for other non-playing staff.

It used to be appearance based which would have qualify Curtis Main for a medal. It does smell a little.
Absolutely - it should be contribution-based and Main did score goals and play games plus took a mighty blow to his scull in the process. However if he felt he wasn't fussed about having a medal then fair play to him. He could probably see some of the younger lads would appreciate it more than him.
Stop looking for solutions to symptoms and start identifying the disease.