Chelski, Harry Kane

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

The Cincinnati Kid
Guy Whittingham
Been liked: 17 times

Chelski, Harry Kane

Post by The Cincinnati Kid »

Chelsea.

38 games, 30 wins

That's pretty damn impressive at any level.

'Arry Kane.

78 goals in 113 appearances for Spuds. Prem Golden boot 2yrs straight for an Englishman

That's pretty damn impressive at any level
Div III. Call it what it is.
Weybridge
Interim Manager
Been liked: 5 times

Re: Chelski, Harry Kane

Post by Weybridge »

Yes a hell of an achievement by Chelsea. Kane too.

On the flip side of that though, one thing I noticed was the team in 8th (them along the coast), finished on just 46 points. Wasn't very long ago 46 points would still have been uncomfortably close to the relegation places. The big seven really are starting to pull away.
"Look, we've all got something to contribute to this discussion. And I think what you should contribute from now on is silence."
... and chips
Kev the Kitman

Post by ... and chips »

Weybridge wrote: On the flip side of that though, one thing I noticed was the team in 8th (them along the coast), finished on just 46 points. Wasn't very long ago 46 points would still have been uncomfortably close to the relegation places. The big seven really are starting to pull away.
I was struck by that too. But I just had a quick look and the last time 46 pts would have been close to relegation was longer ago than you might think: 02/03.
Earl Grey
Interim Manager

Post by Earl Grey »

... and chips wrote:
Weybridge wrote: On the flip side of that though, one thing I noticed was the team in 8th (them along the coast), finished on just 46 points. Wasn't very long ago 46 points would still have been uncomfortably close to the relegation places. The big seven really are starting to pull away.
I was struck by that too. But I just had a quick look and the last time 46 pts would have been close to relegation was longer ago than you might think: 02/03.
Although even this season 46 points is hardly THAT comfortable....just 7 points away from relegation....not much more than two wins.

The Prem is certainly looking very strange and lumpy...bit like the income structure of this country where lots of us are on scraps while there's a few at the top taking most of the cake.

As someone pointed out on another MB, the journey to the Prem is fun. Once you're there, the fun, to some degree, stops.
Stop looking for solutions to symptoms and start identifying the disease.
The Cincinnati Kid
Guy Whittingham
Been liked: 17 times

Post by The Cincinnati Kid »

Couple of other Prem points:

Bournemouth......very very well done.

And have you guys seen the contenders for goal of the season.....as the kids say.....OMG.....there sure was a shedload of the spectacular this season. Hazard gets my vote....from the halfway line...beats 4 guys etc etc....and there was Girou and mtzawhatisname for Man utd with the overhead back heel and a bunch more to boot.
Div III. Call it what it is.