iFollow International

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

eltorrro
Interim Manager
Has liked: 68 times
Been liked: 66 times

iFollow International

Post by eltorrro »

Hi overseas fans! Has anybody signed up to this EFL iFollow? I am having great difficulty in subscribing for 'Live Matches' as shown in the subscription section. According to the site it shows this facility in the 'FREE' section but can't get anybody at EFL to confirm. Any suggestions? 8)
Portchester PFC
Kev the Kitman

Re: iFollow International

Post by Portchester PFC »

I will be signing up but not just yet, going to keep the dosh in my account until closer to the start of the season :thumb

Hopefully you will have sorted all the problems by then :D
Heaven's Light Our Guide
eltorrro
Interim Manager

Post by eltorrro »

I have to warn you - it's a shambles!! At this moment I have 14 mails back and forth without any forward movement. Nowhere on their site does it quote any price or offer any possibility of registering/subscribing as an 'International Follower'. According to the Pompey iFollow site the option of viewing Live games is 'FREE' to us ex-pats!! How ridiculous - we all know nothing associated with football (and particularly the EFL)is never free!
Will keep all informed if anything of interest occurs. 8)
Portchester PFC
Kev the Kitman

Thanks, I am definitely going to give it a miss for now and wait then :rofl
Heaven's Light Our Guide
eltorrro
Interim Manager

Post by eltorrro »

OK - I'VE CRACKED IT!!
The problem is the people at EFL don't realise that some of us 'silver surfers' are Computer Users Non Technical's!! Never during our multiple emails did they instruct me to disable my VPN before loging in to the iFollow Pompey site so I was always getting the UK site and not the International site!!! They also need proof of your IP address so you need to disable your VPN to discover that as well.
Eager to see what sort of coverage/reception we get now?? 8)
Milton End
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 21 times

Post by Milton End »

Will be in Vietnam for start of season. So any further info gratefully received.
Milton End is entering a new era with Tornante
eltorrro
Interim Manager

Post by eltorrro »

Milton - below is one of many mails I received from them which might be of use to you. Again it is ambiguous, but as I read it; if you are not permanently based abroad you will need to subscribe to a UK package (Free or Season @ £45) but if you go abroad during the season you will need to subscribe to the 'International' package (£110) AS WELL to get live video matches/audio! 8)

Greetings,

Thank you for contacting EFL iFollow support.

If you wish to use the services outside the UK to access live video, you would need to purchase that subscription once you are accessing the site from outside of the UK. A purchase of the UK subscription will not entitle you to gain access to the live video broadcasts even if connecting from outside the UK. If you will be going in and out of the UK often, it is best to wait until you are outside the UK to purchase the subscription. If you purchase now, while you are in the UK, you will need to purchase again once you are outside the UK to gain access to live video. Your purchase in the UK will only give you audio and will not give access to the live video stream once you are outside the UK.

Best regards,

EFL iFollow Support
Milton End
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 21 times

Post by Milton End »

Many thanks. I'm actually in Porto, northern Portugal at present but will be back in the UK on Saturday and able to follow up then.

Foolishly, I have also been trying to buy a season ticket - having received an email from the club today that 12,000 had been sold. But when I try, I am told that no more are available on line.

Looks as if PFC has completely sold all season tickets for the season?

If so, good news for the club. But not for me!
Milton End is entering a new era with Tornante
Portchester PFC
Kev the Kitman

eltorrro wrote:OK - I'VE CRACKED IT!!
The problem is the people at EFL don't realise that some of us 'silver surfers' are Computer Users Non Technical's!! Never during our multiple emails did they instruct me to disable my VPN before loging in to the iFollow Pompey site so I was always getting the UK site and not the International site!!! They also need proof of your IP address so you need to disable your VPN to discover that as well.
Eager to see what sort of coverage/reception we get now?? 8)
Glad you got it sorted, VPN is great for convincing certain media providers that you are in the UK but useless if you want to be seen as being overseas :rofl :thumb

Will ensure mine is switched off when I register and watch 8)
Heaven's Light Our Guide
Chiswick Blue
Kev the Kitman

Post by Chiswick Blue »

Essentially this is all theft though, it isn't free to access live games and if you aren't paying for it you are stealing it.

There is an entitlement online these days that you can have something for nothing just because you can access it via some spurious link or site.

This is killing the film industry, especially at the shallow end that i paddle in, my last film has been heavily pirated and i have to pay a company £5k a month just to keep up with all of the illegal sites and youtube links, it's money i don't have but have to pay out just to protect my interest until i manage to recoup.
"If you would take the pains but to examine the wars of Pompey the Great, you shall find, I warrant you, that there is no tiddle-taddle nor pibble-pabble in Pompey's camp." - Henry V - Act 4, scene 1
eltorrro
Interim Manager

Post by eltorrro »

Chiswick Blue - either you don't understand or I don't understand you??
You are correct, it isn't FREE because, as an overseas supporter, I have paid £110 to subscribe to view live Pompey games for the coming season. The only FREE aspect is for UK fans to have audio to weekly games.
I have sympathy with your predicament within your industry but fail to see the connection to this service and your problem - unless I'm missing something of course?? 8)
Chiswick Blue
Kev the Kitman

Post by Chiswick Blue »

eltorrro wrote:Chiswick Blue - either you don't understand or I don't understand you??
You are correct, it isn't FREE because, as an overseas supporter, I have paid £110 to subscribe to view live Pompey games for the coming season. The only FREE aspect is for UK fans to have audio to weekly games.
I have sympathy with your predicament within your industry but fail to see the connection to this service and your problem - unless I'm missing something of course?? 8)
It's more about the screening or EPL games, usually through a dodgy web site or using a dodgy Kodi box.
"If you would take the pains but to examine the wars of Pompey the Great, you shall find, I warrant you, that there is no tiddle-taddle nor pibble-pabble in Pompey's camp." - Henry V - Act 4, scene 1
Portchester PFC
Kev the Kitman

Chiswick Blue wrote:
eltorrro wrote:Chiswick Blue - either you don't understand or I don't understand you??
It's more about the screening or EPL games, usually through a dodgy web site or using a dodgy Kodi box.
Hi CB, not sure if your comments were aimed at me, sorry if they were not. Where i live i pay for cable TV and i get to see every PL game live at 3pm on a Saturday, early in the morning for me but i can see every game live. The cable company i use are legit and Sky sell them the feeds, so i am not using live feeds etc. I use VPN to access my UK T provider content whilst working overseas, I dont have too much of an issue with this, although they do and constantly try and stop it, the reason being is that i am still paying for the service in the UK via my TV licence and TV platform back at home, so i personally don't see why they have a problem with me viewing it from overseas, i am paying for it.

Agree with the comments above by El Torro, this is a legit service being offered by the EFL and individual clubs, nothing dodgy about it, totally above board and meant for expats, i personally think it is a great idea.
Heaven's Light Our Guide
Chiswick Blue
Kev the Kitman

Post by Chiswick Blue »

I have no beef with legit services whatsoever! Carry on! X
Portchester PFC
Kev the Kitman

Chiswick Blue wrote:I have no beef with legit services whatsoever! Carry on! X
:thumb
Heaven's Light Our Guide