Wigan takeover

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

PakefieldBlue
Alan Knight
Been liked: 13 times

Wigan takeover

Post by PakefieldBlue »

I see that Wigan are likely to be taken over by a Hong Kong businessman. One of the cited reasons for Cook leaving us in the summer was that the Eisner takeover was making him feel concerned about his future, whilst he must be secure at Wigan for the moment it must make him feel like he's jumped out of the frying pan and into the fire!
Selsey Bill
Interim Manager
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 69 times

Re: Wigan takeover

Post by Selsey Bill »

PakefieldBlue wrote:One of the cited reasons for Cook leaving us in the summer was that the Eisner takeover was making him feel concerned about his future
Or was that a convenient excuse? He seemed pretty 'on board' the night I met him briefly at the Guildhall when ME presented. I suspect his move was more to do with going back to his roots (completely get it), a significant hike in his salary (also get it) and a better squad of players with a bigger budget at his disposal (again I get it). Most people yearn to be around friends and family, want to earn more money, and like being successful ... and managers are judged on results.
pompeygunner
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 20 times

Post by pompeygunner »

Selsey Bill wrote:
PakefieldBlue wrote:One of the cited reasons for Cook leaving us in the summer was that the Eisner takeover was making him feel concerned about his future
Or was that a convenient excuse? He seemed pretty 'on board' the night I met him briefly at the Guildhall when ME presented. I suspect his move was more to do with going back to his roots (completely get it), a significant hike in his salary (also get it) and a better squad of players with a bigger budget at his disposal (again I get it). Most people yearn to be around friends and family, want to earn more money, and like being successful ... and managers are judged on results.
True but, "I'll never leave this club unless Liverpool come calling". He was silly saying that & a bit like Redknapp "i'll never go down the road".
Some managers deal with things far better than cook & redknapp simple as.
Selsey Bill
Interim Manager
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 69 times

Post by Selsey Bill »

pompeygunner wrote:
Selsey Bill wrote:
True but, "I'll never leave this club unless Liverpool come calling". He was silly saying that & a bit like Redknapp "i'll never go down the road".
Some managers deal with things far better than cook & redknapp simple as.
To put matters straight, I'm completely with you on this PG. If only he hadn't made that stupid remark I suspect the majority of fans would feel differently. The same can be said of Harry. I doubt many of our fans would have begrudged Harry going to Spurs if the Judas situation had never happened.
Bluesbro'
Interim Manager
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 4 times

Post by Bluesbro' »

Spurs?? Freud would be proud of you mate. :rofl