Cracking Start To The Game

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Portchester PFC
Kev the Kitman

Cracking Start To The Game

Post by Portchester PFC »

Two down in five minutes :shock:

Hopefully they settle down and improve, sounds like Donny have come out firing on all cylinders !!
Heaven's Light Our Guide
Pompey Penguin
Billy The Boot Boy

Re: Cracking Start To The Game

Post by Pompey Penguin »

Only good thing, we have lots of attacking options on the bench (Chaplin, Naismith, Lowe, Oxlade-Chamberlain), so if we can keep it to 2-0, we can throw everything at them in the last 20 minutes if we need to.
FatBlueAde
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 5 times

Post by FatBlueAde »

Sounds like the game of own goals 2-1 Baudry OG 54 mins.
Living in exile thinking Blue
Pompey Penguin
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Pompey Penguin »

Any of our northern friends around to do a BFTG?

I have just watched the highlights. First Doncaster goal was awful; no challenge of note at any point in the move, pre-season friendly-ish and it was almost as if the players didn't believe anything would happen that early. Second goal was unlucky as Burgess's block almost always goes for a corner. To make up for it, Pompey's goal was ridiculous (and would have been at Sunday hangover football level). Overall, I think it is where the club is at present; we will get a couple of good results and people will talk about play-offs, and then a couple of defeats and it will be panic stations all round.

Donohue's sending off was unacceptable. Just an aimless kick at an opponent, with no real provocation that I could see. On the bright side, at least it is a defensive position where we have a decent replacement. Three more games for Haunstrup to prove himself (and not get injured, sent off or be crap).
Lost in Transportation
Guy Whittingham

Post by Lost in Transportation »

Pompey Penguin wrote:Overall, I think it is where the club is at present; we will get a couple of good results and people will talk about play-offs, and then a couple of defeats and it will be panic stations all round.
My overall prediction was we'll finish 9th and that includes a January window strengthening. We have some good players for this division but not really a good team yet.
Pompey Penguin wrote:Donohue's sending off was unacceptable. Just an aimless kick at an opponent, with no real provocation that I could see. On the bright side, at least it is a defensive position where we have a decent replacement. Three more games for Haunstrup to prove himself (and not get injured, sent off or be crap).
Have you noticed that whenever Evans starts as an attacking player, something happens to a full-back? I'm starting to feel paranoid about it. :shock:
Watching wheels spin and dust settle.
Pompey1985
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Pompey1985 »

Pompey Penguin wrote:Any of our northern friends around to do a BFTG?

I have just watched the highlights. First Doncaster goal was awful; no challenge of note at any point in the move, pre-season friendly-ish and it was almost as if the players didn't believe anything would happen that early. Second goal was unlucky as Burgess's block almost always goes for a corner. To make up for it, Pompey's goal was ridiculous (and would have been at Sunday hangover football level). Overall, I think it is where the club is at present; we will get a couple of good results and people will talk about play-offs, and then a couple of defeats and it will be panic stations all round.

Donohue's sending off was unacceptable. Just an aimless kick at an opponent, with no real provocation that I could see. On the bright side, at least it is a defensive position where we have a decent replacement. Three more games for Haunstrup to prove himself (and not get injured, sent off or be crap).

Got back from the game last night - but been busy this morning.

Have to say it was disappointing.

Not got time for a proper report just yet will do this later or tomorrow morning as I am out again tonight.

McGee - his kicking is terrible.

Donahue - looked good going forward stupid red card just as we were starting to show our authority.

Thompson - best bit of business of the summer by the looks of it. Right player.

Lack of width. Bennett only player who moved with the ball first half surprised he was taken off.

Hawkins - bit of effort and closing down and get physical would be nice.

Chaplin - lift your head up son.

Shape - no width crowded out in the middle. Lack an enforcer sorry Ben Close but you need to improve.

Why didn't we make a third sub?