Pompey vs Plymouth

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Lost in Transportation
Guy Whittingham

Re: Pompey vs Plymouth

Post by Lost in Transportation »

Pompey Penguin wrote:the first 60 minutes against Plymouth was the best that I have seen us play as a complete team performance.
The Jackett methodology is bedding in. Its nice to see Haunstrup who was subject to doubts prior to the game (not just SB) show that he didn't look out of place in the pattern and shape of the team as well as winning his battle against Carey.
Watching wheels spin and dust settle.
pompeygunner
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 20 times

Post by pompeygunner »

Pompey Penguin wrote:As you say, opinions. However, if the worst thing we have got to disagree about and criticise is an injury-time substitution, there can't be too much going wrong.
Absolutely Pompey Penguin, its nitpicking really on what was a decent performance. I think if we'd taken our chances then really we wouldn't be talking about subs. I blame the bloke who sits next to me because he reminded me of the game season before last when they scored 2 in the last 4 mins was it? I was really comfortable up until that point. :D :D
Purbrook Chimes
Kev the Kitman

Post by Purbrook Chimes »

pompeygunner wrote:
All about opinions of course but I agree with EG. Chaplin was causing no end of problems & we felt Plymouths defence got a far too easier ride in the 6mins of injury times with Main instead of Chaplin. Allowed them to really throw bodies forward without worrying too much about countering from us except for the long punt to Main which is meat & drink to the likes of Bradley.
Too easy is an understatement , the keeper was injured , he couldn't move yet after Naismith went off all the game was in our half , we just needed to get a shot on target, he wouldn't have saved it but the ball never got in their box again
Fratton End Exile
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Fratton End Exile »

Nice to see decent officials at Fratton Park. Premier League & a Pemier League performance from them.
Vince
Earl Grey
Interim Manager

Post by Earl Grey »

Pompey Penguin wrote: Finally, did anyone closer to the Fratton/North corner get a decent view of Diagourara’s lunge on Lowe in the last minute? From a bit far away, it looked very reckless and could well have been a red card; maybe he just didn’t make too much contact?
I'd be interested in that, too.
I think most people weren't really looking at the incident because there was only an angry reaction after fans realised there was something up with Lowe.
Stop looking for solutions to symptoms and start identifying the disease.
Selsey Bill
Interim Manager
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 69 times

Post by Selsey Bill »

Great Pompey performance! Three players had their best games for us, Danny Rose, Ben Close and Brandon Haunstrup, and the other 8 weren't too shabby!
BlueinPLtwenty
Guy Whittingham
Has liked: 218 times
Been liked: 111 times

Post by BlueinPLtwenty »

We were in the NSU right over the incident with "Big Dave" and Jamal Lowe. BD certainly lunged at Jamal just above his ankle. He seemed annoyed at Jamal & Curtis Main keeping the ball in the corner. Red Card? probably not with this Referee but others might have given it.
You can take the man out of Pompey
But you can`t take Pompey out of the man