Dutch visitor

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Tim1981
Collins Mbesuma

Dutch visitor

Post by Tim1981 »

Dear Pompey fans. Sorry for bothering you. My brother and I will visit Portsmouth and your beautiful ground in March next year. But I need some advice in what area of the city I shall book my hotel. Can you please give me some advice? For your information. We are both in our mid thirties en we like a vibrabnt area with pubs etcetera. Thanks in advance
Earl Grey
Interim Manager

Re: Dutch visitor

Post by Earl Grey »

Tim1981 wrote:Dear Pompey fans. Sorry for bothering you. My brother and I will visit Portsmouth and your beautiful ground in March next year. But I need some advice in what area of the city I shall book my hotel. Can you please give me some advice? For your information. We are both in our mid thirties en we like a vibrabnt area with pubs etcetera. Thanks in advance
There's a nearby place called Ryde. Lots of great hotels there away from the expensive hotels in Portsmouth central. Fantastic transport service....from Ryde it takes about 8 minutes to get to the heart of Portsmouth and Southsea!
A visiting Walsall fan earlier this year researched and booked a hotel in a similar place....
http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/f ... h-13500414
Stop looking for solutions to symptoms and start identifying the disease.
Walthamstowpfc
Martin Kuhl

Post by Walthamstowpfc »

Hoi Dutchvisitor,
Een van de meest levendige gebieden en niet te ver van het stadium is Southsea dus het is logisch om daar een hotel te zoeken. Het is ook niet te ver van de zee.
Maak er ook een punt van om de historische zeevaart haven/museum te bezoeken als je extra tijd hebt. Groetjes, Dave
Tim1981
Collins Mbesuma

Post by Tim1981 »

Hey Dave, Thanks for your reply in Dutch. Very helpful. And thanks Earlgrey for your idea!
Locky_McLockface
Guy Whittingham

Post by Locky_McLockface »

claphamblue wrote:Hoi Dutchvisitor,
Een van de meest levendige gebieden en niet te ver van het stadium is Southsea dus het is logisch om daar een hotel te zoeken. Het is ook niet te ver van de zee.
Maak er ook een punt van om de historische zeevaart haven/museum te bezoeken als je extra tijd hebt. Groetjes, Dave
STOP SHOWING OFF.

Tim, I hope you've checked the link that Earl Grey posted, since it's laughing at the Walsall fan who tried to book a cheap hotel, only to find that he needed to take a hovercraft to get to Portsmouth. In fairness, it's the only commercial hovercraft service in the world, so it might be worth doing it once, just to be able to say you've done it, but it is quite expensive.

If you want a taste of Real Portsmouth, try Albert Road, there's a fair number of decent pubs there, and it's within walking distance of Fratton Park. There is an Ibis Budget hotel next door to Fratton Park, too, and this is within walking distance of Fratton Railway Station, if you're arriving by train.
I before E except when you run a feisty heist on a weird beige foreign neighbour
Walthamstowpfc
Martin Kuhl

Post by Walthamstowpfc »

How is it showing off? I got help from my partner who is Dutch to write a response and I fail to see why you should have any input in that especially in putting it in capital letters.

Locky_McLockface wrote:
claphamblue wrote:Hoi Dutchvisitor,
STOP SHOWING OFF.

Tim, I hope you've checked the link that Earl Grey posted, since it's laughing at the Walsall fan who tried to book a cheap hotel, only to find that he needed to take a hovercraft to get to Portsmouth. In fairness, it's the only commercial hovercraft service in the world, so it might be worth doing it once, just to be able to say you've done it, but it is quite expensive.

If you want a taste of Real Portsmouth, try Albert Road, there's a fair number of decent pubs there, and it's within walking distance of Fratton Park. There is an Ibis Budget hotel next door to Fratton Park, too, and this is within walking distance of Fratton Railway Station, if you're arriving by train.
Portchester PFC
Kev the Kitman

Post by Portchester PFC »

You can try this one, very close to Gunwharf Quays and a lot of bars and restaurants.

shipleopardboutiquehotel.co.uk

These two are very close to the city center and some good bars.

https://www.premierinn.com/gb/en/hotels ... entre.html
http://www.ibis.com/gb/hotel-1461-ibis- ... ndex.shtml

Have fun and enjoy the city.
Heaven's Light Our Guide
Tim1981
Collins Mbesuma

Post by Tim1981 »

Thank you all for your help. Plenty to choose from. Today I found that Holland will face England in a friendly match on the Friday I ll arrive. So will definitely look for a decent pub with football on the screen
Locky_McLockface
Guy Whittingham

Post by Locky_McLockface »

claphamblue wrote:How is it showing off? I got help from my partner who is Dutch to write a response and I fail to see why you should have any input in that especially in putting it in capital letters.
Alright, sorry...... :shock:
I before E except when you run a feisty heist on a weird beige foreign neighbour