checkatrade

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Milton End
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 22 times

Re: checkatrade

Post by Milton End »

Many thanks for the report - much appreciated.

Your observation that Chaplin and Main reversed roles in the second half was also made by Guy Whittingham on the radio commentary. What I find encouraging about all this is that KJ reads the game well and is willing to make such changes.

I guess that Main will be replaced by Brett Pitman for next Saturday's away fixture against Charlton. But it will be a tough game against a team in the play-offs at present. We'll need all the skills that we can muster!
Milton End is entering a new era with Tornante
Berkshire Blue
Billy The Boot Boy
Been liked: 12 times

Post by Berkshire Blue »

Many thanks for the BFTG. Interesting comment about Jamal Lowe - personally I prefer the look of the team with him on the right and Kennedy on the left, but it's probably good to swop from time to time.
Pompey Penguin
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Pompey Penguin »

Berkshire Blue wrote:Many thanks for the BFTG. Interesting comment about Jamal Lowe - personally I prefer the look of the team with him on the right and Kennedy on the left, but it's probably good to swop from time to time.
Remember that this is Lowe's first season above non-league level. Last year he played half a season for Hampton & Richmond, and then just 14 games for Pompey in L2 (many of which were as a sub). Now he is thrown into playing almost every game in L1. I have noted before that he often looks finished after 75-80 minutes of games, and I wouldn't be surprised if he needed a rest in the near future. A bit of rotation for Lowe, Evans, Kennedy and Bennett makes a lot of sense.
Lost in Transportation
Guy Whittingham

Post by Lost in Transportation »

Pompey Penguin wrote:Remember that this is Lowe's first season above non-league level.
I would add as a 1st team regular. He did make his Football League debut with Barnet as a 18 year old. Everything else I agree with.
Watching wheels spin and dust settle.
Berkshire Blue
Billy The Boot Boy
Been liked: 12 times

Post by Berkshire Blue »

Pompey Penguin wrote:
Berkshire Blue wrote:Many thanks for the BFTG. Interesting comment about Jamal Lowe - personally I prefer the look of the team with him on the right and Kennedy on the left, but it's probably good to swop from time to time.
Remember that this is Lowe's first season above non-league level. Last year he played half a season for Hampton & Richmond, and then just 14 games for Pompey in L2 (many of which were as a sub). Now he is thrown into playing almost every game in L1. I have noted before that he often looks finished after 75-80 minutes of games, and I wouldn't be surprised if he needed a rest in the near future. A bit of rotation for Lowe, Evans, Kennedy and Bennett makes a lot of sense.
I would agree with that, in fact I rather hoped that KJ might rest him for the Northampton game. I really do think that he is a very bright prospect indeed, and we will do well to keep him.
Locky_McLockface
Guy Whittingham

Post by Locky_McLockface »

Earl Grey wrote:
Locky_McLockface wrote:Well, since it was kids for a quid, and big kids for a tenner, Junior_McLockface & I went.
Scab :wink:

]
I'd prefer the term "opportunist" ;-)
I before E except when you run a feisty heist on a weird beige foreign neighbour
uspompeyfan
Guy Whittingham

Post by uspompeyfan »

Is it possible that KJ always saw the Checkatrade as winnable and the target for this season? Without the team being bank-rolled, we were always likely to be mid-table safety this season, so what would keep the city buzzing? A nice cup run, even if a mickey mouse cup..... just a theory.
Philipians 4:13
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
uspompeyfan
Guy Whittingham

Post by uspompeyfan »

Southern Section
•Chelsea U21 v Portsmouth

I guess that idea is scuppered now.
Philipians 4:13
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
RubiconCSL
Site Admin
Has liked: 85 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by RubiconCSL »

Is it on a weekday and at Stamford Bridge? I hope so. I'll pop over if it is.
Like many, trust few and always paddle you own canoe.
Locky_McLockface
Guy Whittingham

Post by Locky_McLockface »

RubiconCSL wrote:Is it on a weekday and at Stamford Bridge? I hope so. I'll pop over if it is.
I believe so, Rubes.
I before E except when you run a feisty heist on a weird beige foreign neighbour