First job/ Last or current Job

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

1G18
Alan Biley

Re: First job/ Last or current Job

Post by 1G18 »

First job was with Barclays Bank as a clerk in the Woking branch, pushed into it by my parents and hated almost every minute of the six months I did.

Currently I'm a train guard for South Western Railway based at Fratton and thoroughly enjoy it, it's the job I always wanted to do when I was a child and it's every bit as good as I hoped it would be.
RubiconCSL
Site Admin
Has liked: 86 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by RubiconCSL »

First Job: Apprentice Fitter and Johnson & Johnson
Last job (assuming you mean career, as I've done the same job for many clients for years): Bus Driver, driving tourists around India and Nepal.
Current Job: hard to give it a full title, but Computer Programmer / Analyst / Data Analyst / Business Analyst / Support. Kind of jack of all trades now; but seems to make me useful to the client, when other contractors all over the building are being culled!
Like many, trust few and always paddle you own canoe.
Locky_McLockface
Guy Whittingham

Post by Locky_McLockface »

RubiconCSL wrote:First Job: Apprentice Fitter and Johnson & Johnson
Last job (assuming you mean career, as I've done the same job for many clients for years): Bus Driver, driving tourists around India and Nepal.
Current Job: hard to give it a full title, but Computer Programmer / Analyst / Data Analyst / Business Analyst / Support. Kind of jack of all trades now; but seems to make me useful to the client, when other contractors all over the building are being culled!
Er, Rubes, you do know you were the first person to respond to ISF's original post, don't you?

Me, only ever had one job. Family business, innit. Locks, innit.
I before E except when you run a feisty heist on a weird beige foreign neighbour
RubiconCSL
Site Admin
Has liked: 86 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by RubiconCSL »

Goldfish syndrome! Mind you, at least I was consistent :)
Locky_McLockface wrote:
RubiconCSL wrote:First Job: Apprentice Fitter and Johnson & Johnson
Er, Rubes, you do know you were the first person to respond to ISF's original post, don't you?

Me, only ever had one job. Family business, innit. Locks, innit.
Like many, trust few and always paddle you own canoe.