Supernatural experiences.

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

itsaintfunny
Mick Channon
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 20 times

Supernatural experiences.

Post by itsaintfunny »

I am currently dealing with someone who is absolutely convinced he is visited by a ghost and must admit from his conviction I believe he has experienced something.
I had an experience of my own around 30 years ago that I have filed under 'well I saw something' and have a fairly open mind on the subject.
The person in this case has had a priest visit their home and things continue and has also at my suggestion seen their GP as they werent sleeping and although they have got medication which is helping them sleep when I saw them last week they are still getting apparent visitations.
Anyone else want to share any experiences ?
Earl Grey
Interim Manager

Re: Supernatural experiences.

Post by Earl Grey »

I saw a ghost the other night in the curry house. Think it was a Rogan Ghost.....very tasty!
Stop looking for solutions to symptoms and start identifying the disease.
pompeygunner
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 15 times

Post by pompeygunner »

Bear with me because this happened about 35yrs or so ago. But the memory will never leave me, totally weird & unexplainable.
I was driving on the A27 @ Park Gate, this was in the days when MFI & Queensway were there & its right there that this happened. Its a bit of a murky evening just starting to get dark. Suddenly a old bloke walks out in ft of me causing me to hit the brakes & perform a quite quick stop, this is on the dual carriageway stretch & the old bloke sort of shuffles across towards the central reservation. I put the car in gear & as I drove past where he should be I sort of just turned my head & was literally on the point of muttering silly old sod & the hairs on the back of my neck were standing on their ends. Nothing, absolutely zilch. He either sprinted @ a speed Usain Bolt would be proud of or vanished. And my brain knew something very strange had just happened. The wooded area nearby is known as Kites Croft & is apparently haunted.
I literally to this day cannot explain it. I also know of a local lib dem councillor who along with his wife had a very strange & frightening experience in their car whilst on Bridge St, Titchfield.
No Shot Sherlock
Sir Conan Doyle
Sir Conan Doyle
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 11 times

Post by No Shot Sherlock »

Three 'events', two when a kid and one much more recently. Spooked me as a kid. Scared the hell out of me as an adult. Won't say more as none of you would believe me anyway, but as Fox and Dana used to say...

... the truth is out there.
pompeygunner
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by pompeygunner »

No Shot Sherlock wrote:Three 'events', two when a kid and one much more recently. Spooked me as a kid. Scared the hell out of me as an adult. Won't say more as none of you would believe me anyway, but as Fox and Dana used to say...

... the truth is out there.
Do tell NSS.

Fwiw imo some of these sightings like the one I witnessed I think are history somehow being replayed. How I couldn't tell you. But the interactive ones...cue the X Files theme.
uspompeyfan
Guy Whittingham

Post by uspompeyfan »

In many cases, it is a case of the spirit holding on because he doesn't know that he (or she) is meant to be dead. For that spirit to rest in peace, sometimes all it takes is the right person to guide him through the experience and explain the events that led to the death. There are people with this gift, and often it is used for a specific incident. This isn't meant to be a Christian / non-Christian thing so don't shoot the messenger, but it is intended to be a genuine answer.
Philipians 4:13
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
JenniTalia
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by JenniTalia »

uspompeyfan wrote:In many cases, it is a case of the spirit holding on because he doesn't know that he (or she) is meant to be dead. For that spirit to rest in peace, sometimes all it takes is the right person to guide him through the experience and explain the events that led to the death. There are people with this gift, and often it is used for a specific incident. This isn't meant to be a Christian / non-Christian thing so don't shoot the messenger, but it is intended to be a genuine answer.
Now come on USPF you should know by now that shooting someone is not the normal knee jerk reaction this side of the pond!!! :wink:
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love... and then we return home. – Aboriginal proverb.
The Cincinnati Kid
Guy Whittingham
Been liked: 17 times

Post by The Cincinnati Kid »

At age 16-17, before I could drive, I used to ride my bike from Stubbington to Fareham Station and there was a nice shortcut from (might have the rd names wrong here) Titchfield Rd to Stubbington Lane via the Crofton Old Church cemetery. Now rumors of a secret priest hiding tunnel between the Old Church and the nearby Manor, a hotel at the time, abounded and stories of the headless monk wandering the area were around.
All I can say is I NEVER took that shortcut in the winter hrs when it was dark in the morning / evening
Div III. Call it what it is.
The Cincinnati Kid
Guy Whittingham

pompeygunner wrote:Bear with me because this happened about 35yrs or so ago. But the memory will never leave me, totally weird & unexplainable.
I was driving on the A27 @ Park Gate, this was in the days when MFI & Queensway were there & its right there that this happened. Its a bit of a murky evening just starting to get dark. Suddenly a old bloke walks out in ft of me causing me to hit the brakes & perform a quite quick stop, this is on the dual carriageway stretch & the old bloke sort of shuffles across towards the central reservation. I put the car in gear & as I drove past where he should be I sort of just turned my head & was literally on the point of muttering silly old sod & the hairs on the back of my neck were standing on their ends. Nothing, absolutely zilch. He either sprinted @ a speed Usain Bolt would be proud of or vanished. And my brain knew something very strange had just happened. The wooded area nearby is known as Kites Croft & is apparently haunted.
I literally to this day cannot explain it. I also know of a local lib dem councillor who along with his wife had a very strange & frightening experience in their car whilst on Bridge St, Titchfield.
Firstly, I wasn't that old at the time...and secondly...wtf don't you watch where you're going.

bahahahahahaha
pompeygunner
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by pompeygunner »

The Cincinnati Kid wrote:
pompeygunner wrote:Bear with me because this happened about 35yrs or so ago. But the memory will never leave me, totally weird & unexplainable.
Firstly, I wasn't that old at the time...and secondly...wtf don't you watch where you're going.

bahahahahahaha
Lol. Brilliant. Reckon the other road you refer to on your route to the station apart from Titchfield Rd was Mays Lane.
The Cincinnati Kid
Guy Whittingham

pompeygunner wrote:
The Cincinnati Kid wrote:

bahahahahahaha
Lol. Brilliant. Reckon the other road you refer to on your route to the station apart from Titchfield Rd was Mays Lane.
Yeah..i think that's correct and there was also a small back road that ran between the 2....cornfields one side and the church grounds on the other......headless monk street or some such thing
No Shot Sherlock
Sir Conan Doyle
Sir Conan Doyle
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 11 times

Post by No Shot Sherlock »

pompeygunner wrote: Do tell NSS.

Fwiw imo some of these sightings like the one I witnessed I think are history somehow being replayed..
More a case of foreseeing the immediate future in my 'experiences. Sadly not the lottery numbers though :(