Langstone Campus

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Pompey1985
Billy The Boot Boy

Re: Langstone Campus

Post by Pompey1985 »

#LangstoneStadium isn't speculation.

It's happening - if I had Minecraft I'd build it.
Earl Grey
Interim Manager

Post by Earl Grey »

Pompey1985 wrote:#LangstoneStadium isn't speculation.

It's happening - if I had Minecraft I'd build it.
Talking of Minecraft one of the bigger youtube stars who do that gamer thing lives locally (Emswoth I think....at least we were in Emsworth when a guy I was talking to pointed him out).
He's called StampyLongHead (or longnose depending on what platform he's on)...
http://www.youtube.com/user/stampylonghead

He has over 8 million subscribers on youtube!!!
Stop looking for solutions to symptoms and start identifying the disease.
Selsey Bill
Interim Manager
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 69 times

Post by Selsey Bill »

Pompey Penguin wrote:[quote="Lost in Transportation
This Time Next Year wrote:Once you get a road to the Langstone campus, then what? A giant car park with only one entrance exit? That will be horrible to get into, and an absolute nightmare to get out of.
Have you tried driving up the Eastern Road after a match? Its pretty much the same experience. :)
Ever been to Oxford Utd? That is also one exit. I sat in my car for an hour before it was even worth turning the engine on. Hence, the wise don't use the car park, and it's a real mess.[/quote]

And Wycombe Wanderers is the same. I've only ever parked in each of those car parks once!
Lost in Transportation
Guy Whittingham

Post by Lost in Transportation »

Selsey Bill wrote:And Wycombe Wanderers is the same. I've only ever parked in each of those car parks once!
There are better ways to design car parks - we can all agree on that. :lol:
Watching wheels spin and dust settle.
Hamburg Skate
Paul Merson

Post by Hamburg Skate »

If a new stadium was to ever get built, there are very few sites that are truly suitable on portsea island.
I would like to see abid made for the area that is great salterns golf course, the first half that covers the
area north of burrfields road would make an ideal location, plenty of room for a 28000 to 36000 with lots of parking room
and easy access out of the city. Sorry to the golfers of great salterns but as a regular golfer, it is a course i would never miss.
Great salterns as far as i aware has never been mentioned as an alternative to fratton park and if the council still own the golf course
from my understanding will sell anything off to fill their coffers.
Brexit....Voted for it...Sorry i was wrong.
Sam_Brown
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 99 times
Been liked: 146 times

Post by Sam_Brown »

I was a student at Langstone Campus 03/04. Was a bit grotty granted but sad to see them close it as have lots of (drunken) memories. Are they building new student accommodation in the City? I've not been down South in years so don't know the current going-ons.
Coeli lux nostra ductrix
Pompey1985
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Pompey1985 »

Sam_Brown wrote:I was a student at Langstone Campus 03/04. Was a bit grotty granted but sad to see them close it as have lots of (drunken) memories. Are they building new student accommodation in the City? I've not been down South in years so don't know the current going-ons.
I woke up in langstone a few times when I was at University down there.

I believe there is more student accommodation in town now. Maybe the old Zurich building?
Milton End
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 22 times

Post by Milton End »

Pompey1985 wrote:
Sam_Brown wrote:I was a student at Langstone Campus 03/04. Was a bit grotty granted but sad to see them close it as have lots of (drunken) memories. Are they building new student accommodation in the City? I've not been down South in years so don't know the current going-ons.

I believe there is more student accommodation in town now. Maybe the old Zurich building?
Massive new student accommodation in Greatham Street - maybe 800 - been open for two years - green and yellow on Google.
Another massive development in the former Zurich Insurance building with another 800 - opened last September.
Two further blocks - formerly empty office blocks - nearly finished near the Premier Inn/Guildhall Square.
Another 20 storey building just topped out next to the Town Station and finished for September 2018.

And if that was not enough, they have just started another tall, student accommodation building on the old Coop Bank site opposite the former Zurich building.

No wonder the uni no longer needs the Langstone campus.
Milton End is entering a new era with Tornante
Portchester PFC
Kev the Kitman

Post by Portchester PFC »

Milton End wrote:
Pompey1985 wrote:

Massive new student accommodation in Greatham Street - maybe 800 - been open for two years - green and yellow on Google.
Another massive development in the former Zurich Insurance building with another 800 - opened last September.
Two further blocks - formerly empty office blocks - nearly finished near the Premier Inn/Guildhall Square.
Another 20 storey building just topped out next to the Town Station and finished for September 2018.

And if that was not enough, they have just started another tall, student accommodation building on the old Coop Bank site opposite the former Zurich building.

Indeed, it sort of makes sense as well, the accommodation being so close to the campus in town, saves them all having to trek across town from Locksway Rd.

Also, makes perfect space available for a new stadium 8)
Heaven's Light Our Guide
Lost in Transportation
Guy Whittingham

Lost in Transportation
Guy Whittingham

Perhaps something like this in Langstone Harbour?

Portchester PFC
Kev the Kitman

Lost in Transportation wrote:Perhaps something like this in Langstone Harbour?

Indeed, with the smell of the mud flats emanating across the corporate boxes at low tide on match days :D
Heaven's Light Our Guide
Locky_McLockface
Guy Whittingham

Post by Locky_McLockface »

Portchester PFC wrote:
Milton End wrote:
Pompey1985 wrote:

Indeed, it sort of makes sense as well, the accommodation being so close to the campus in town, saves them all having to trek across town from Locksway Rd.

Makes even more sense for them, given that they don't own the new buildings, and aren't responsible for any costs associated with them.
I before E except when you run a feisty heist on a weird beige foreign neighbour
Portchester PFC
Kev the Kitman

Locky_McLockface wrote:
Portchester PFC wrote:
Milton End wrote:
Pompey1985 wrote:

Makes even more sense for them, given that they don't own the new buildings, and aren't responsible for any costs associated with them.
Good point locky.
Heaven's Light Our Guide
Sam_Brown
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 99 times
Been liked: 146 times

Post by Sam_Brown »

Locky_McLockface wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:15 am
Portchester PFC wrote:
Milton End wrote:
Pompey1985 wrote:

Sorry old post but just going through my post history :)

From someone who lived in both Uni and Privately managed halls the privately managed ones while looking nice just lack that certain... atmosphere... everything was so clean and sterile and as most are for profit I got royally screwed over when leaving as if one person messes up a communal area everyone shares the costs. I left a week before everyone else did I left everything tidy and they must have had a big party and left it in a right state as had a letter stating I had to contribute to 2k worth of cleaning and damages! Langstone was great though. You had a pub on site and also a canteen for breakfast and evening meal everyday. Footy field overlooking Langstone Harbour. Would not like to admit the amount of balls I lost to the water >_>
Coeli lux nostra ductrix