Jackett

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Pompey Penguin
Billy The Boot Boy

Re: Jackett

Post by Pompey Penguin »

Milton End wrote:Fact 3: Two of our best players last season, Michael Doyle and Enda Stevens, decided to leave the club in summer 2017. Doyle's reason was that he was given no clear offer of a contract extension at PFC.
I must admit that I have been surprised at how much we have missed Doyle, although it is not certain how well be would have stepped back up to L1. It used to frustrate me last season when Doyle, Stevens and Clarke played endless triangles with a bit of Burgess thrown in for variety, but we could have done with some of that ball retention and calming influence this season.
richisbradders
Alan Knight
Been liked: 2 times

Post by richisbradders »

Just looked at our league results in 2018

Played 20
Won 6
Draw 4
Lost 10

Points 22

That’s pretty much relegation form, I think jackett’s lucky the season ends today and everyone will forget and just remember the Wigan win, as cook sails off to the championship
The Cincinnati Kid
Guy Whittingham
Been liked: 17 times

Post by The Cincinnati Kid »

richisbradders wrote:Just looked at our league results in 2018

Played 20
Won 6
Draw 4
Lost 10

Points 22

That’s pretty much relegation form, I think jackett’s lucky the season ends today and everyone will forget and just remember the Wigan win, as cook sails off to the championship
I had to check your FACTS because I found them unbelievable but they are in FACT totally accurate.
In FACT, most all of those wins came in March.....the rest of 2018 we were a pile of poo. Even a mediocre run in would have seen us into the play offs but the FACT of the matter is we were dire when it counted.
Div III. Call it what it is.
Pompey Penguin
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Pompey Penguin »

We can always play "What if? If only...", but you have to think that the home form after the start of 2018 killed us. Two points from six home games against Scunthorpe (D), Shrewsbury (L), Doncaster (D), Blackburn (L), Blackpool (L) and Gillingham (L) wasn't nearly enough. OK, there were some good teams there, but you had to be thinking ten points minimum. For most of the season, it seemed to be either us or the opposition scraping a win without looking really convincing, and it could have been a toss of a coin as to which happened. Hence, the results if not the performances were inconsistent and unpredictable. Next season we need to start imposing ourselves on the opposition, especially at home; we are no longer in a league where teams are going to be either intimidated or inspired by playing at FP unless we make it so. It is Jackett's job to ensure that we go out to win every home game by dominating the play, not to mess about and hope that we are the ones getting the breaks.
Selsey Bill
Interim Manager
Has liked: 58 times
Been liked: 69 times

Post by Selsey Bill »

What really scares me is that if we had beaten Charlton a couple of weeks ago, we'd now be in the playoffs. Crazy stuff!