Louis Dennis

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Selsey Bill
Interim Manager
Has liked: 58 times
Been liked: 69 times

Louis Dennis

Post by Selsey Bill »

Pompey have announced the signing of Louis Dennis from Bromley FC on a two year deal. Was Bromley's 'Supporters' player of the season' 2017-2018. He is an attacking midfielder and looks hard!
On our website:
Pompey have signed attacking midfielder Louis Dennis on a two-year deal.
The 25-year-old – who can also play out wide – was available as a free agent after leaving Bromley at the end of last season.
His final appearance for the National League outfit was at Wembley, where the Londoners lost on penalties to Brackley in the FA Trophy final.
Blues boss Kenny Jackett said: “He’s an exciting player with a lot of talent and someone we’ve been watching for quite some time.
"It’s a big opportunity for him, but he has the ability to create and score goals, which is what we’re looking for."
“He was named in the National League Team of the Season and we’re pleased to be able to sign him for Pompey.
“It’s a big opportunity for him, but he has the ability to create and score goals, which is what we’re looking for.
“He’s worked hard for his opportunity and we feel that as a person, he’s mature enough to go on and take it.”
Dennis scored 21 goals and provided 12 assists in 53 appearances last term, as Bromley narrowly missed out on the play-offs.
He spent four-and-a-half years with the Ravens and was part of the side that secured the National League South title in 2014/15.
A former Watford schoolboy, Dennis began his senior career with Dagenham & Redbridge and had spells on loan with Grays and Canvey Island.
Lost in Transportation
Guy Whittingham

Re: Louis Dennis

Post by Lost in Transportation »

Was moved into a no 10 role this season by his manager at Bromley which seems to have kicked on his progress. Like Curtis, he is athletic and of a decent size. Low cost gamble.

Can't help but think Chaplin is moving on this summer.
Watching wheels spin and dust settle.
Pompey1985
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Pompey1985 »

Find out if our scouting network have an eye for a player with the signings so far this summer.

I expect a few others through the door before long mind.
Pompey Penguin
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Pompey Penguin »

Pompey1985 wrote:Find out if our scouting network have an eye for a player ...
Lowe, Hawkins, Kabamba; I'd say that was a pretty good hit rate so far from our non-league scouts, which makes me confident that Dennis will contribute.
Locky_McLockface
Guy Whittingham

Post by Locky_McLockface »

Pompey Penguin wrote:
Lowe, Hawkins, Kabamba; I'd say that was a pretty good hit rate so far from our non-league scouts, which makes me confident that Dennis will contribute.
Lowe. Definite tick.
Hawkins. Probably a tick, if only for his defensive capability.
Kabamba. Errr, are you having a giraffe? Not good enough in L1 or L2, didn't really light fires in the NL.
I before E except when you run a feisty heist on a weird beige foreign neighbour
andybart
Gary O'Neil

Post by andybart »

Locky_McLockface wrote:
Pompey Penguin wrote:
Lowe. Definite tick.
Kabamba. Errr, are you having a giraffe? Not good enough in L1 or L2, didn't really light fires in the NL.
Spot on analysis there,Hawkins looks non league up front but is an option for when we want to lump it forward and does have some defensive up side to him.
Lowe is not the finished article but is at league one level now and will only get better..Kabamba at least got to be signed by a decent league club which was nice for him, hopefully finds his level wherever that is.
Pompey Penguin
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Pompey Penguin »

Locky_McLockface wrote:
Pompey Penguin wrote:
Lowe. Definite tick.
That was essentially my point. If you expect more than two out of three non-league signings (or any other signings) to pan out, then you are a very tough audience. Consider the number of players Pompey have signed over the years who have turned out to make no meaningful contribution to the team, and you get an idea of how difficult scouting and development are.
Pompey1985
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Pompey1985 »

At the age this lad is we aren't buying for the future.

Hopefully he does the business.