Pitman to Rangers rumour

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

stefeni
Interim Manager

Pitman to Rangers rumour

Post by stefeni »

from yesterdays Scotsman, Can't see this happening as Pitman is settled in the Bournemouth Area. and came to us as IPSWICH was too far North. What do people think.
In transition to the real me, Currently on hold after surgical review until I loose 10kg anyone got a hiding place for it :-) hopefully will be fully the true me now in 2017.
pompeygunner
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 20 times

Re: Pitman to Rangers rumour

Post by pompeygunner »

If true then I can see it happening. Whatever any of us think of the level of Scottish football, playing in ft of 50+k @ Ibrox plus European football plus having a field day most of the time could just be an offer too good to refuse for him. Plus flights from Hurn airport to Glasgow would make life pretty simple I'd imagine. If true & they can stump up the xfer fee then IMHO Brett will be leaving.
Earl Grey
Interim Manager

Post by Earl Grey »

Pitman's agent will want some action here.....not because of giving a stuff about the well-being of Brett Pitman's career but because the more he moves clubs the more chance there is of making a killing for themselves.
I expect him to be leaned on by said agent. Let's hope Pitman makes a fully rounded decision.
Last edited by Earl Grey on Fri May 25, 2018 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stop looking for solutions to symptoms and start identifying the disease.
Pompey1985
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Pompey1985 »

pompeygunner wrote:If true then I can see it happening. Whatever any of us think of the level of Scottish football, playing in ft of 50+k @ Ibrox plus European football plus having a field day most of the time could just be an offer too good to refuse for him. Plus flights from Hurn airport to Glasgow would make life pretty simple I'd imagine. If true & they can stump up the xfer fee then IMHO Brett will be leaving.
Agreed.
Pompey Penguin
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Pompey Penguin »

Obviously, depends on the fee, but if we get a good return it wouldn't worry me. I think we might have seen the best of Pitman in a Pompey shirt, and next season could be a disappointment (love to be proved wrong). He is also (presumably) out top wage earner, and it could be that we would be better allocating that money to a good no.10.
BlueinPLtwenty
Guy Whittingham
Has liked: 220 times
Been liked: 111 times

Post by BlueinPLtwenty »

The trouble is that goalscoring is the most difficult thing to do in football. Therefore it would need to be a massive offer to allow Pitman to leave.
You can take the man out of Pompey
But you can`t take Pompey out of the man
richisbradders
Alan Knight
Been liked: 2 times

Post by richisbradders »

pompeygunner wrote:If true then I can see it happening. Whatever any of us think of the level of Scottish football, playing in ft of 50+k @ Ibrox plus European football plus having a field day most of the time could just be an offer too good to refuse for him. Plus flights from Hurn airport to Glasgow would make life pretty simple I'd imagine. If true & they can stump up the xfer fee then IMHO Brett will be leaving.
I had to google hurn airport, I thought it may be some exotic new thing I hadn’t heard about! :D
Pompey1985
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Pompey1985 »

Pompey Penguin wrote:Obviously, depends on the fee, but if we get a good return it wouldn't worry me. I think we might have seen the best of Pitman in a Pompey shirt, and next season could be a disappointment (love to be proved wrong). He is also (presumably) out top wage earner, and it could be that we would be better allocating that money to a good no.10.
Problem is we had nobody else that scored last season.
richisbradders
Alan Knight
Been liked: 2 times

Post by richisbradders »

Pompey1985 wrote:
Pompey Penguin wrote:Obviously, depends on the fee, but if we get a good return it wouldn't worry me. I think we might have seen the best of Pitman in a Pompey shirt, and next season could be a disappointment (love to be proved wrong). He is also (presumably) out top wage earner, and it could be that we would be better allocating that money to a good no.10.
Problem is we had nobody else that scored last season.
It is a worry on both counts if he does stay and doesn't replicate this season or does in fact go, i think we would possibly have gone down if we didn't have him this season.

My (other) worry with jackett is that he seems to like to bring in his players that he can mould into a better player, rather than going known tried and trusted route from league 1 and the championship. Pitman is kinda the player that bucks this trend