League 2 Play Off Final

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

itsaintfunny
Mick Channon
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 27 times

League 2 Play Off Final

Post by itsaintfunny »

Coventry beat Exeter 3-1 so I would be very pleased if you took six points off them next season and if you could knock them out of all cup competitions I would be eternally grateful.
You may have gussed I dont like Coventry and its nothing to do with Pompey 85 !!

Oh yes my issues are less with the club than one of their supporters but even before I met him they vaguely annoyed me and surely have had some of the worst strips ever.

So then its Coventry for me but who dont you like and why.?
The Cincinnati Kid
Guy Whittingham
Been liked: 17 times

Re: League 2 Play Off Final

Post by The Cincinnati Kid »

itsaintfunny wrote:Coventry beat Exeter 3-1 so I would be very pleased if you took six points off them next season and if you could knock them out of all cup competitions I would be eternally grateful.
You may have gussed I dont like Coventry and its nothing to do with Pompey 85 !!

Oh yes my issues are less with the club than one of their supporters but even before I met him they vaguely annoyed me and surely have had some of the worst strips ever.

So then its Coventry for me but who dont you like and why.?
Blunderland and Newcastle. For no particular reason
Birmingham City, Stoke, Bolton, Wigan also for no particular reason.
Cardiff, Newport and Wimbledon for instances' at away games
MK Dons for moving
Norwich and Watford for their kit...ugghhh
Div III. Call it what it is.
Pompey1985
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Pompey1985 »

Coventry - other than the fact it's an easy game and an excuse for a knees up for me I desperately wanted Exeter to win today.

Sadly I think league one will be much harder next season. I can see Coventry doing well next season. They have a goalscorer in McNulty and are on a bit of a creast of a wave despite their off field issues.

I also think Barnsley are a better proposition than Rotheraham were and Sunderland have a lot of clout in terms of fianance and big club appeal.

Could be a tricky season for us.
RubiconCSL
Site Admin
Has liked: 85 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by RubiconCSL »

I've never really liked Cardiff. I'm not sure why; it's not a Wales/England thing either, as I like Swansea.

As a youngster, I didn't like West Ham, Burnley or Villa - see a pattern there? I just couldn't stand the Claret and Blue.

I can't say I can really bring myself to dislike anyone now though. I've got too old and realised nothing really matters enough to hate anyone - especially just because they kick a ball around for a different club :)

There's probably a few players and managers I'm not overly keen on though.
Like many, trust few and always paddle you own canoe.
pompeygunner
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 20 times

Post by pompeygunner »

Wolves because they nearly always used to beat us. Quite like them now though.
Earl Grey
Interim Manager

Post by Earl Grey »

All these play off teams with Smith, Lavery, McNulty, Doyle etc....quite depressing!
Stop looking for solutions to symptoms and start identifying the disease.
<dj.>
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by <dj.> »

Leicester for me! Jinx side! Remember the play-offs and the most offside goal EVER!
I don't much like Wet Spam or Millwall - that's about their fans and in the case of WHU, the ownership as well.
The other club in Fulham, the one that looks like a money-laundering operation that should be shut down, euch!

Hmm, there are more than I thought.

I've become very fond of Bournemouth and Brighton, flying the flag for the south coast!
Earl Grey
Interim Manager

Post by Earl Grey »

<dj.> wrote:Leicester for me! Jinx side! Remember the play-offs and the most offside goal EVER!
I don't much like Wet Spam or Millwall - that's about their fans and in the case of WHU, the ownership as well.
The other club in Fulham, the one that looks like a money-laundering operation that should be shut down, euch!

Hmm, there are more than I thought.

I've become very fond of Bournemouth and Brighton, flying the flag for the south coast!
Totally agree with you about Wet spam....bunch of cheats.
And Leicester too. Right back from when Jim Storrie scored a goal up at Filbert Street but the ref didn't see it go in, hit the stanchion, then come out. He told the players to carry on even though David Nish, Leicester's captain, told him it was in! I couldn't believe the players didn't surround the ref more than they did.
Bizarrely on the exact same day Alan Hudson 'scored' for Chelsea even though the ball went the wrong side of the post, hit the metalwork at the back and bounced out but the ref thought it was ok and gave it!
More recently as you say that lanky streak Ormoroid (spelling?) was so far offside it wasn't true.
Stop looking for solutions to symptoms and start identifying the disease.