Ladies Join The Pompey Family

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Selsey Bill
Interim Manager
Has liked: 58 times
Been liked: 69 times

Ladies Join The Pompey Family

Post by Selsey Bill »

Portsmouth Football Club and Pompey Ladies are delighted to announce that following extensive discussions over recent months, the women’s team will, from next season, come under the parent club.

The Ladies have flourished in recent years under the chairmanship of Mick Williams, who is stepping down due to family commitments.

In 2015 the club were champions of the Women’s Premier League Southern Division and last season they retained the Hampshire Cup.

Following his resignation, Mick will be replaced as Chairman of the club by Pompey Supporters’ Trust board member and President Eric Coleborn.

Portsmouth FC would like to thank Mick for taking on this responsibility in recent seasons and wish him well for the future. Jay Sadler will continue as first team manager.

Mick said: “It has been a privilege to have been able to take the helm at Pompey Ladies for the past few years.

“I am absolutely delighted that the club have brought the Ladies even closer into the Pompey family. Our previous Chairman, the fantastic Dave Coyle, who passed away in 2016, would have loved to see this news.

“I want to thank Michael Eisner, his family and everyone at the club for all their help over the past few months.

"I am absolutely delighted that the club have brought the Ladies even closer into the Pompey family."

Mick Williams
“I also thank my long-suffering wife Ann and all the wonderful volunteers who have helped the Ladies over the years.”

Eric added: “It is a great honour to be taking over as chairman of this fantastic club. I look forward to working with everybody involved to continue to improve things both on and off the pitch.”

And Pompey Ladies are also delighted to confirm that that Baffins Milton FC have offered to host the women’s team fixtures next season, bringing home games back into the city on a permanent basis.

Portsmouth FC would like to thank Baffins Chairman Steve Cripps for offering the PMC Stadium for this purpose.

Trials for the forthcoming season will be held at Park Community School, from 7.30pm-9.30pm on Wednesday, June 27.

Full details and a registration form to take part in the trials can be found here.

PUP and PUPL!
Selsey Bill
Interim Manager
Has liked: 58 times
Been liked: 69 times

Re: Ladies Join The Pompey Family

Post by Selsey Bill »

Take a bow Old Spice :thumb

You should be very proud of your achievements.

PS What on earth are you going to do with yourself from now on? :D
OldSpice
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 32 times

Post by OldSpice »

Selsey Bill wrote:Take a bow Old Spice :thumb

Thank you!

Ann and I will still be helping during the transition period (plus I'm still helping financially for the next three seasons) and I am still on the PFC Heritage & Advisory board for a while.

Other than that, I need to devote more time to my family and catch up with all the things I haven't done over the last 6 or 7 years that I have been involved with one Pompey club or another!
PUP
Pompey Penguin
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Pompey Penguin »

Well done Old Spice and Mrs Spice. I know that you both do a huge amount of work for Pompey Ladies.
Earl Grey
Interim Manager

Post by Earl Grey »

Fantastic news. I've stated on here before that fuller integration was needed and Old Spice and others have helped this happen. Now the torch passes on to Eric Coleborn according to the official site so good luck to him.
Stop looking for solutions to symptoms and start identifying the disease.
miltoninLA
Kev the Kitman

Post by miltoninLA »

Selsey Bill wrote:Take a bow Old Spice :thumb

Well said that man.
Thanks Mr Old Spice.
Words ought to be a little wild, for they are the assault of thoughts on the unthinking.
Locky_McLockface
Guy Whittingham

Post by Locky_McLockface »

Congratulations MIck, I know it's been your target for some while to have the Ladies more fully integrated into the main club, and I'm glad that the Eisners have listened and reacted to you.

If there were Portsmouth Knighthoods, you would be first in line, for a number of reasons.
I before E except when you run a feisty heist on a weird beige foreign neighbour
Portchesterblue1
Robbie Pethick

Post by Portchesterblue1 »

Congratulations Mick, you deserve a whole lot of recognition for your work with the ladies teams, they have grown in stature and number steadily over the last few years and an awful lot, if not all is down to you and baby spice. Glad you are now going to have the time to do your thing, I am quite sure you will miss the footy stuff, but make the most of the time with your family.
Well done sir