Chaplin departing?

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

pompeygunner
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 20 times

Re: Chaplin departing?

Post by pompeygunner »

Berkshire Blue wrote:
Pompey1985 wrote:I've been desparate for Chaplin to kick on but he just doesnt seem to. He spent a lot of time last season play acting and going down rather than staying on his feet.
My feelings exactly. I remember posting sometime last season that I really hoped that the coaches wouldn't try too much to "improve" his general play and at the same time take the goals out of him.

Judging by pre season so far that hasn't happened, and from the limited highlights that I have seen he actually looks stronger to me. We must remember that he is still young and improving, and Pompey do have a bit of a track record of shipping out strikers who then blossom elsewhere.

When someone is scoring pretty well every time he plays in pre season it seems a bit premature to me to dump him.
Yeah but he's scoring in FRIENDLIES when there is no real pressure on. Look I like Conor, he's scored some great goals for us. But I think his physique & the style we play is against him here. Thats not his fault of course. But for his sake IMHO it'd be better for HIM to move to pastures new. Only then will he either fulfill his potential or sink without trace. I wish him all the luck in the world.
Pompey1985
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Pompey1985 »

Sounds like all this will be coming to a head with Eisa's future set to be resolved in the next 24 - 48 hours.
Pompey1985
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Pompey1985 »

Apprently we turned down a swap deal for Chaplin from Barnsley.
PakefieldBlue
Alan Knight
Been liked: 13 times

Post by PakefieldBlue »

Seems Mo Eisa is now bound for Bristol City, so KJ must be onto Plan B. I saw somewhere that Devante Cole has been transfer-listed by Wigan. Maybe Cookie will give us a bargain!
rumourmonger
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by rumourmonger »

Mo Eisa to Bristol City. So Gary Johnson is going to sell him to his son Lee. You couldn't make this up. Have we been hoodwinked into an exercise of just bumping the price up ?
Everyone says David Beckham is not very intelligent. No-one says that Professor Stephen Hawking is a rubbish footballer!
pompeygunner
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 20 times

Post by pompeygunner »

rumourmonger wrote:Mo Eisa to Bristol City. So Gary Johnson is going to sell him to his son Lee. You couldn't make this up. Have we been hoodwinked into an exercise of just bumping the price up ?
Undoubtedly yes we have. I doubt Catlin & Jackett are happy about wasting time & effort on a player we never ever had a hope in hell of signing.
Portchesterblue1
Robbie Pethick

Post by Portchesterblue1 »

I doubt Bristol city's owner isn't happy about having the price bumped either
VFTH
Milan Mandaric

Post by VFTH »

Seems Conor Chaplin to Coventry is a done deal... just waiting for his replacement. Seems it could be Devante Cole. Thoughts?
Smile and those around you smile ..... Laugh and they think you have gone mad

http://www.smile4wessex.org
Portchester PFC
Kev the Kitman

Post by Portchester PFC »

VFTH wrote:Seems Conor Chaplin to Coventry is a done deal... just waiting for his replacement. Seems it could be Devante Cole. Thoughts?
According to the stats scores just about once every five games in domestic league and for the national side once every two and a half games, hardly prolific. Eisa is scoring once every 1.5 games, hmm, perhaps we should have parted with some additional wonga.....
Heaven's Light Our Guide
Portchester PFC
Kev the Kitman

Post by Portchester PFC »

Signed a three year deal now so Eisa off the table, lets hope they have an alternate solution up their sleeves.....
Heaven's Light Our Guide
Portchesterblue1
Robbie Pethick

Post by Portchesterblue1 »

Eisa was never on the cards imho. We had s bit accepted but we weren't allowed to talk to him, 2 day later his sons side make an offer it's accepted and he signs within 24hours. Nothing here guvnor honest